Skip to main content
Topic: Need AOD for the 88 Bird (Read 428 times) previous topic - next topic

Need AOD for the 88 Bird

Just what the topic says Need a working AOD cheep in the Kansas City area.
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Need AOD for the 88 Bird

Reply #1
I have one, but cheap, would be $1000+ shipping.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Need AOD for the 88 Bird

Reply #2
Quote from: Kitz Kat;261437
I have one, but cheap, would be $1000+ shipping.

u just recently had that rebuilt didn't you? what convertor comes with that
88 thunderbird, 306 ,E7 heads ported by me, explorer intake, 70mm professional products TB, 8.8 3.73 rear is finally in. 11" front brake upgrade. still need some stuff
some nice weather to work on stuff would be nice ^^^

Need AOD for the 88 Bird

Reply #3
Quote from: 88 thunderbird;261532
u just recently had that rebuilt didn't you? what convertor comes with that

About 2yrs. ago, but it's been out of my car for a year. 2400-2600 non lockup.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Need AOD for the 88 Bird

Reply #4
Check your local junkyards, theres a yard by me that charges 130 bucks with a 30day warranty, a complete motor any size goes for 180bucks, so a "new motor and trans would go for 310" ........................................with that said, i gotta go see if i can find an ho or complete explorer motor.........
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!