Skip to main content
Topic: Nova trivia (Read 2233 times) previous topic - next topic

Nova trivia

Nova trivia
why was the Chevy Nova not a big seller in mexico / latin america? or,, the urban legend version that is.

Nova trivia

Reply #1
nova means dont go in spanish?

Nova trivia

Reply #2
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;261004
nova means dont go in spanish?

x1!!!!!

Nova trivia

Reply #3
Nova=No Va=Doesn't go

GM didn't really think that one through did they?

Nova trivia

Reply #5
What was the Nova called north of the boarder in Canada eh?

Nova trivia

Reply #6
I heard it as a cash cab question today.  Evidently its more like a city legend.

Nova trivia

Reply #7
Quote from: jcassity;261012
I heard it as a cash cab question today.  Evidently its more like a city legend.

Huh?

Nova trivia

Reply #8
I learned it from my spanish teacher when i was in high school, still can't speak it though:hick:
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Nova trivia

Reply #9
Quote from: 86XR7project;261009
What was the Nova called north of the boarder in Canada eh?
It was called the Nova ;)

Along the same line of thought, though, the Buick LaCrosse is not called the Buick Lacrosse in Canada. It's called the Allure. Apparently, Lacrosse is a euphamism for masturbation in french Canada.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Nova trivia

Reply #11
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;261030
It's called the Allure. Apparently, Lacrosse is a euphamism for masturbation in french Canada.

and now i can make fun of my lacrosse playing friends :rollin:

thanks you sir
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Nova trivia

Reply #12
Kind of like Canada had the Pontiac Pursuit, which didn't exist in the US at the time. Then the US got the Pontiac G5, and GM Canada renamed it to the Pursuit G5. Why they double named it I don't know. It's not like we forgot what the Pursuit was, or there was any change from one year to the next.

Nova trivia

Reply #13
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;261029
I learned it from my spanish teacher when i was in high school, still can't speak it though:hick:

I can relate I learned everything in school that wasn’t on the test to. :hick:

Nova trivia

Reply #14
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;261030
It was called the Nova ;)

Along the same line of thought, though, the Buick LaCrosse is not called the Buick Lacrosse in Canada. It's called the Allure. Apparently, Lacrosse is a euphamism for masturbation in french Canada.

I was always told they were called an Acadian something or another.