Skip to main content
Topic: New wheels for the TC!! (Read 2626 times) previous topic - next topic

New wheels for the TC!!

17x9 Cobra Rs    245/45/17

whatya think???  :burnout:

New wheels for the TC!!

Reply #1
Not to sure I like them in black. That's just my opinion.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

New wheels for the TC!!

Reply #2
off topic, but I like how you chose to two-tone the car. Thats interesting.

New wheels for the TC!!

Reply #3
Not bad.Kind of sinister looking.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

New wheels for the TC!!

Reply #4
i like it.    i guess you have an extra set of welds now?
it does have a menacing look to it now
and im assuming the trans you got from me,  is still shifting all right?
Brian J Larkin
1988 Tbird Turbo Coupe
1989 Cougar XR7
1995  Ranger Splash

New wheels for the TC!!

Reply #5
looks good.  I always wondered what they would look like black with a polished lip but I dont want to do it to mine.

New wheels for the TC!!

Reply #6
thanks guys so far for opinions

New wheels for the TC!!

Reply #7
Quote from: jpc647;258249
off topic, but I like how you chose to two-tone the car. Thats interesting.

I was thinking the exact same thing. That is a cool two tone. I don't normally like body colored rims very much, but those do make your car look sinister. Not that my opinion matters very much, but I'll give you two thumbs up. :D
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

New wheels for the TC!!

Reply #8
After seeing the car with the 275/60s, the fenderwell has a large gap now. Otherwise, the wheels really complement the color scheme. They accentuate the contrast between the red and black. Is lowering it in the plans?
home ported E7's, HO intake, 93 Tbird cam, 65mm tb, Shorties, dynomax lers, TC 3.73 rear, Mach 1 springs, Bauman shiftkit, epoxy mod, SD, 3G alt, black magic fan

New wheels for the TC!!

Reply #9
The black rims look awesome with the two tone paint on your car.

New wheels for the TC!!

Reply #10
THAT CAR IS BAD ASS!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

New wheels for the TC!!

Reply #11
I like the way the rims look. I am a big fan of the blacked out look. Have you though about the headlight covers? I mean you can take them off at night and all. Oh, we did a similar 2 tone on my son's car. Something I found that helps set it off is a pin stripe that matches the colors. I'll try to get you a pic. Car looks really good though.

New wheels for the TC!!

Reply #12
Sorry, heres the pic. Only one I can find right now. No, it's not a Fox Body, but he sure is proud of it. lol. Hopefully you can see what I mean by the stripe.

New wheels for the TC!!

Reply #13
Very mad max, I like it.  Only thing missing is the machine gun turret.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

New wheels for the TC!!

Reply #14
Look great! I think painting the pillar and header bird black would look good too. Need some tints now too to finish off the black.
1986 Cougar LS