Skip to main content
Topic: WTB:: misc ford stuff (Read 483 times) previous topic - next topic

WTB:: misc ford stuff

hey im looking to buy a set of 351w swap headers for a fox body, would prefer shorties, or long tubes, a 351w fuel injected upper and lower intake, (truck or car style intake), a torque converter, front pump, and valve body for a c4 small block pan fill transmission. any help is appreciated, please include shipping to 37412
86 t-bird 226k miles and blown transmission

Reply #1
Quote from: kwellst;258060
hey im looking to buy a 351w fuel injected upper and lower intake, (truck or car style intake)

GT40 Tubular is what came on the Lightning and the '95 Cobra R.
(Only factory Ford efi 351w intakes...)

You'll be better off going aftermarket for this, as the Ford parts are expensive, and aftermarket stuff is too, but has better flow numbers.

Dear gawdalmighty, why does 5.8 stuff gotta be so expensive! :punchballs:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #2
Hello,
I am glad I ran across your post.  I have several of the parts you are looking for:

BBK ceramic coated long tube headers for 351w swap in a fox body.  They have been installed on my 87 bird with a 351w, but I have never fired the engine up and the project is dead.  I would like $300 for these.  This is the exact one and place I bought them from:

http://www.brothersperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1_739_144/products_id/790

I also have the X-pipe from them, would like $120:

http://www.brothersperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1688 

I have a Edelbrock Victor Jr. intake for 351w that has been drilled/welded for fuel injection (I bought this way - did not do the work).  It includes the 1/2" ID fuel injection rails.  I installed it on my 351w, but again I have never ran fuel through it and have never fired it up.  I paid $300, would like $225.  I do not have a upper intake at this time - had a design in mind that would have used basically a 4150 carb spacer welded to a mandrel bent 3.5" tube that would then connect to the throttle body & MAF, etc. 

Please let me know if you're interested.

Reply #3
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;258176
GT40 Tubular is what came on the Lightning and the '95 Cobra R.
(Only factory Ford efi 351w intakes...)

:

i know my 1995 F250has 351 and EFI. so it rare:rollin: ? it don't look like ether one of those.
remember it easier to fix them, than to find them after they been crushed.

V6 = juvenile delinquency!

Reply #4
thanks for the info on the stuff, but at this point im gonna have to pass,  had to put toy money elsewhere.  sorry
86 t-bird 226k miles and blown transmission

Reply #5
The cheapest 351 FI intake you will find is a used 351 GT-40 lower and an explorer upper intake. Try that search on e-bay and you may get lucky.