Skip to main content
Topic: Well, wish us luck.... (Read 1506 times) previous topic - next topic

Well, wish us luck....

Back in Dec. my wife was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and had an operation to remove the tumor. Luckily they found it early, and it was on the tail of the pancreas. They removed the tumor,part of the pancreas, her spleen and a portion of her stomach where the tumor had attached itself. So far all her scans have come back clean, but this type of cancer is very persistant and can come back within two years. She just started her chemo and radiation on Monday, she gets radiation daily for six weeks, and has to wear a chemo pump. After six weeks, she gets a couple weeks break, then starts once a week chemo treatments for 3-4 months. So far she is doing great, just hope it continues.:bowdown: Sorry for the long post, just needed to vent a little, been pretty crazy around here so far this year. Thanks.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Well, wish us luck....

Reply #1
We'll be praying for you two.One day at a time Brother.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Well, wish us luck....

Reply #2
Cougarman....i wish you and your wife the best of luck with her treatments and the end results. im sure everything will be fine, by the sound of it you caught it early...im not reallly religious, but i can prey for you..keep your chin up, and remember all the good times!!! And this is a great place for venting!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Well, wish us luck....

Reply #3
Thanks. That is our motto around here, "one day at a time". :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Well, wish us luck....

Reply #4
hope all goes well just remember to keep your chin up think positive and like vinnie said take one day at a time.

Well, wish us luck....

Reply #5
our thoughts and prayers are with you. God is in
your corner---irvin and joyce

Well, wish us luck....

Reply #6
You and your wife are in my prayers. You both will make it through.

Well, wish us luck....

Reply #7
It all sounds great so far, they caught it, removed it and are working on preventing the return. I know I might be young but I have come to a conclusion on life. Tomorrow is never promised, no one knows how long life is and any moment could be your last. Live life to the fullest and forgive and forget. You can die right or you can die happy, its all up to you.

Sounds like things are looking up. My Uncle made it though prostate cancer and he is a different man. Healthier, happier, and seems to be more content. Although these are fading the lesson I learned is still evident.

She has your love and support, that is what is important. It sounds like they are doing a portacath? My Aunts both had them but one had it get infected once, was in a "comma" for over a week do to her bodies reaction and weakened systems. Not to scare you, and it is rare, but just something to watch for. I dont pray, even though I of all people probably should, but this seems like a good time to start again.

Good luck to you both.
1986 Cougar LS

Well, wish us luck....

Reply #8
It sounds like they are doing a portacath?
They put in what is called a "power port", under the skin, on her upper chest. They access it with a needle that is bent 90deg. and they can hook the pump to it. Thanks to all for your wonderful comments .

DVP, my dad also survived prostate cancer, and is doing great. The radiation my wife gets is similar to what my dad got for his condition.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Well, wish us luck....

Reply #9
cougarman, Our thoughts and prayers are with you & your Family at this time of need. :)

Well, wish us luck....

Reply #10
+ a million.  I wish everyone had your attitude, the world would be a far greater place.

Well, wish us luck....

Reply #11
Good luck Herb!
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Well, wish us luck....

Reply #12
Both of you are in my prayers. I'm sure she'll be fine though. The main thing is to catch it early and prevent re-occurance which is being done so just keep an eye on it and hope for the best.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Well, wish us luck....

Reply #13
Just wanted to thank everyone for their wonderful comments!! Thank you. Showed the wife this thread, and it made her very happy, that there are still such wonderful people out there.:bowdown:  Once again thanks to all. :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Well, wish us luck....

Reply #14
Just saw the tread, You have our support and prayers also
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook