Skip to main content
Topic: Old Pictures of my '88 XR-7 (Read 1596 times) previous topic - next topic

Old Pictures of my '88 XR-7

I was going through my old hard drive and found a buttload of pictures. Way too many to post here, actually. These are some I found interesting, such as the shot of the passenger side covered in mud (got it stuck on the shoulder).
The car was sold in '04.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #1
Three more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
Did you have blackouts over the tail lights, painted, or different tail lights?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1988 Cougar XR-7. My parents specially ordered this car with every option accept leather seats in 1988. I bought it from them in 1998 & since then have installed American Racing wheels (still have factory mag wheels in boxes), ceramic coated headers into dual Flowmaster 50 series lers with single into dual stainless tips, 4 row radiator, B&M Transpak, converted to Mass Air with cold air intake, etc..

Reply #3
Niteshades on the taillights.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
wow looks just like mine! except the tint on yours is wayy dark.

Reply #5
I miss seeing that thing around the forums. One of my favorites.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #6
not trying to hijack.....but  would that diy window tint do the same effect on the tailights? and vary nice cat.....looks like mine!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #7
I did a lot of cool stuff to that car. I broke a lot of things, too.

When I sold it in '04, the new owner was taking it to New Orleans, LA. This was about 10 months before Katrina hit. I have no idea where the car is now, but I'm thinking it was nailed by the storm and is rotting away in some junkyard down there.

Quote from: massCougarxr7;257238
not trying to hijack.....but  would that diy window tint do the same effect on the tailights? and vary nice cat.....looks like mine!!

No, that wouldn't work very well. Hopefully you can still buy Niteshades, unless they've outlawed that too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #8
Makes me miss my 88 Cougar

Reply #9
I found some more pictures of this car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #10
The last two pictures, then I'm done. I will own another '88 XR-7 one of these days.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #11
Cool wheels. I have the same on my black TC.
[size=0]88 Thunderbird Turbocoupe 2.3T 5spd~78K miles
88 Thunderbird Turbocoupe 2.3T 5spd
[/size]

Reply #12
What breed is that? I have never seen a dog with a nose like that and eyes like that together? Think it just looks like a lot because I have 2 dobermans LOL. everything is tight on them.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #13
Mastiff isnt it? I'm not a dog guy just sounds right

Reply #14
Chinese Shar-Pei; one of the oldest breeds on the planet.

His head was enormous for his overall size. You could land a plane on his schnoz.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]