Skip to main content
Topic: 1986 Tbird interior (Read 2102 times) previous topic - next topic

1986 Tbird interior

I recently bought an 86 Turbo coupe, with a 66 289 HI-PO motor in it. the body is in great shape, exept a few surface rust spots, but the interior is in need of some tlc.  my question is, does anybody know where I can order specific parts online?  I'm looking for door panels and a new center console from the shifter back. its a dark blue color.
86 Thunderbird TurboCoupe, 66 289 HI-PO, auto.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hoof beats may be faster than heartbeats, but birds are faster than ponies!

1986 Tbird interior

Reply #1
pics?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1986 Tbird interior

Reply #2
New parts for these cars a SUPER rare.Any new part.Dig around on our classified section and ask questions of those selling parts.Someone will probably be able to come up with the parts you are looking for.You should also post down below "parts for sale" in the wanted section what you're looking for,and if someone has the parts,they'll let you know.Peace.

By the way,pics are always MORE than welcome (hint,hint).
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

1986 Tbird interior

Reply #3
Like this?
Got some I could let go.
they're not perfect, but they're not bad.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

1986 Tbird interior

Reply #4

1986 Tbird interior

Reply #5
The factory interior dark blue color from 1985-86 was called Regatta Blue. If you look on the door tag inside the driver's side jamb, you'll see the interior trim code (two letters). The last letter should be a B, which indicates Regatta Blue. Unless someone changed out the interior, that's what you should have.

As stated, it's not very easy to find any new parts, let alone in a specific color. A lot of people on this board have interior parts for sale, and also hit salvage yards on a regular basis. That's probably going to be your best bet.

1986 Tbird interior

Reply #6
Quote from: daminc;255451
Like this?
Got some I could let go.
they're not perfect, but they're not bad.

yeah, pm me or something with a price, mine had the door pockets in it, but I think I can unscrew the pockets and mount them back onto the good door panels.  the stupid armrest foam is pealing back from mine. and all the trim is pealing back too.  it has a broken window and its had a lot of moisture get to it. lol

1986 Tbird interior

Reply #7
The TC has different panels than these.BUT,these can EASILY be swapped on and used.These are also easier to find (as if anything for these is easy).I'd use the style Daminc is showing.Just install them and be happy.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

1986 Tbird interior

Reply #8
Tomorow, my brother and I are going salvage yarding! theres a couple of yards around here that have a lot of T-birds in them, hopefully I can come up with something.  I'd love to find a great deal on an entire interior to swap, dark blue isnt realy my fav. color but then again, none of the 80's carpets were my favorite. lol  black was about the only one that did anything for me. lol  can you dye the interior parts black? lol  if so, I could easily piece something together. lol  I'm seriously thinking about doing away with everything electrical that I can, stripping it down to all mechanical and doing away with all the stupid wiring gremlins.  but I dont know. lol  Also, does anybody know how well the headlight dimmers held up, basicly is it just a bad electric eye, or would it be other issues. lol

1986 Tbird interior

Reply #9
I might have some blue TC door panels.  If I find anything, I'll take some pics.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1986 Tbird interior

Reply #10
Quote from: t3skidoo;255504
I might have some blue TC door panels.  If I find anything, I'll take some pics.

That'd be great!  I'm going parts snooping at the salvage yard today.  Wish me luck! lol :birdsmily:

1986 Tbird interior

Reply #11
What part of Ohio are you in?
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

1986 Tbird interior

Reply #12
How would you like a lot of "red" parts?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

preview

Reply #13
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18489&stc=1&d=1233971750
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18488&stc=1&d=1233971750

If these look good enough, shoot me an email address and I'll send some uncompressed pics.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1986 Tbird interior

Reply #14
If your interested, just send me a PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook