Skip to main content
Topic: Xenon conversion for 4 eyes. (Read 2654 times) previous topic - next topic

Xenon conversion for 4 eyes.

has anyone used these or know of anything better?  been thinking about installing them in my 79 4eye cougars.  open for opinions/suggestions.  Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/77-86-MERCURY-COUGAR-PARK-XENON-HALO-HEADLIGHT-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem250355382170QQitemZ250355382170QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Reply #1
been looking @ that myself for the '83, but with a white angel eye style...these cars already look like they're starring @ you, might as well make it strike some MORE fear into chevy guys. lmao
'83 Cougar *the never ending project* warmed over 306 v8,c4,8.8 posi with 5 lug conversion
'91 mustang strictly street-in progress
'00 f150 7700-Mean Green: jet stage 1 chip,ported upper intake with 1" spacer,'04 Super Duty intake with injectors,summit racing short tube headers with true 2.5" duals with smithy's glasspacks!

Reply #2
I hate all you bright ass lights out there:hick: :D
I wish there was a law for lights being too bright seriously speaking.

I swear its like a battle out there that whoever has the brightest lights wins.  Its really hard to see.

Reply #3
Quote from: jcassity;254847

I swear its like a battle out there that whoever has the brightest lights wins.  Its really hard to see.

your too olddd
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #4

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Reply #5
My buddy did the halogen H4 conversion on his 85 Stang with an eBay kit. They are definitely brighter (before it was hard to tell if his lights were on at all during city driving with the sealed beams) but he can't get them aimed properly. He has them adjusted as far down as they will go. I'm pretty used to factory HIDs by now, but even with auto-dimming mirrors his headlights were killing me.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #6
Quote from: daboss351;254849
your too olddd

I catch myself laughing at myself a lot.  Im the guy flipping my brights you sayingn "M..Fugger, turn off your brights".  Then you people show me your brights and im like,,,, awww shag,, cant see shiznit now.  Nothing but big blue dots in my eyes for the next 5 miles.

Reply #7
I keep wanting to do this but I never do. I have had some bad lights on my car but even with my new sealed beams if the road is wet I see nothing
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #8
Quote from: jcassity;254980
I catch myself laughing at myself a lot.  Im the guy flipping my brights you sayingn "M..Fugger, turn off your brights".  Then you people show me your brights and im like,,,, awww shag,, cant see shiznit now.  Nothing but big blue dots in my eyes for the next 5 miles.

your killin me...... :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :giggle: :giggle:

Reply #9
I got them in my t-bird. I also did the hid conversion with ballasts as well so my lights are like those european cars. They actually have a purple tint to them. I bought the housings from summit racing and the hid kit off of ebay.

Reply #10
Quote from: andrew beedle;255018
I got them in my t-bird. I also did the hid conversion with ballasts as well so my lights are like those european cars. They actually have a purple tint to them. I bought the housings from summit racing and the hid kit off of ebay.

:pics-stfu: :giggle:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #12

I got nice BRIGHT bulbs in my car, and im going to upgrade to HID's next. I only get flashed for driveing with my markers on. That annoys me.
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #13

I agree and there are some laws. Maybe I’m old to.

did it done that i'm laughing too.

Some of these cars especially SUVs driving behind you drive me nuts, it give me a headache.

Reply #14
I agree there are some that are too bright, then theres kids that install them in there cars improperly and they dont work right, or people who aim them sky high.
Mine are aimed down to the right so they are not blinding anyone.
my $300 beater ;)