Skip to main content
Topic: HO conversion (Read 842 times) previous topic - next topic

HO conversion

Wow,, I feel a search coming on but I will get to that after my movie with the wife,,,,,(arggg, chick flick)

Im being told an HO cam and roller lifters drop into my 20th anny SO 87 block and i can use my old pushrods.

I know the pushrods are different and I know that this isnt a roller block but i am being told it is.

Cam / roller lifters up for sale by someone and my gut says the cam is all i can use.

HO conversion

Reply #1
The roller lifters are the same.On the 20th anny car,it is a roller engine.You will also need a set of 19# injectors and a Speed density computer (super cheap on Ebay).It's all plug and play.Can be done easily in an afternoon in the garage.I have injectors if you need a set.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

HO conversion

Reply #2
After you do what Vinnie said drop on an HO-65mm upper intake and HO-60mmthrottle body
Then you e6 heads are ok but in time get your self HO/e7s.
Then good exhaust w/headers and you good to go.

HO conversion

Reply #3
ALL '86-up SEFI 5.0 use roller cams... Push rods are same length for SO as HO...

By '86, most truck flat tappet cam engines used the roller block... I have a 85.5 truck block that is a roller, but had the conventional cam...

HO conversion

Reply #4
When I did my first H.O conversion,I kept Tom's email busy all the time asking tech questions.I pretty much have a handle on it now.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..