Skip to main content
Topic: center console/armrest what the hell ever... (Read 633 times) previous topic - next topic

center console/armrest what the hell ever...

i need one of these,in blue...

with power mirrors,windows/seats, i dont need the switches..unless there different from a full console car.

Reply #1
I believe those are part of the seat frame. Unless you are just talking about the armrest part.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #2
Ill keep my eye out for one. I did have a blue one in my parts car but i took off the armrest and covered the rest in black material. I also cut out the coin tray and added a cup holder.
88 Sport, custom white 140 mph gauge, 11 in brake upgrade, stock mustang headers, bassani x-pipe, cherry bomb vortec lers, HO conversion
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #3
Quote from: cougarman;254336
I believe those are part of the seat frame. Unless you are just talking about the armrest part.

You will have to weld the consolette to the frame of the seat some why or another. The switch plate from the full console will NOT swap over.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #4
I believe you can take the consolette cover (red part) off and replace with a blue one.  The frame is definately welded to the seat.  I took my consolette out and replaced it with a full center console.  I like the looks much better.  But when I took it apart, the red molding piece came off the frame easily.
===85BIRD===
:birdsmily:

Reply #5
I'll check when I go Monday.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
Quote from: 85bird;254360
I believe you can take the consolette cover (red part) off and replace with a blue one.  The frame is definately welded to the seat.  I took my consolette out and replaced it with a full center console.  I like the looks much better.  But when I took it apart, the red molding piece came off the frame easily.

Thats not his car though. Just a pic to show what he needs
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #7
We have full consoles in gray, red and tan. The only color we don't have is blue. Plus, we'll be coming through Illinois next week. Therefore, I recommend you change the color of your interior. lol.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #8
I have a full blue one. Not the best best but it works.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #9
Quote from: DVP;254388
Thats not his car though. Just a pic to show what he needs

I figured he was replacing one on his blue car.  I had a py one and always wanted to replace it . . . until I found this site.  It was then I learned I could cut that ugly thing off and put in a center console. 

My bad if I misunderstood.

Oh, and don't be afraid to find a good one and dye it the correct color.  Nothing to the dying process.  Another thing I learned from this site.... :)
===85BIRD===
:birdsmily:

Reply #10
Quote from: 85bird;254519
I figured he was replacing one on his blue car.  I had a py one and always wanted to replace it . . . until I found this site.  It was then I learned I could cut that ugly thing off and put in a center console. 

My bad if I misunderstood.

Oh, and don't be afraid to find a good one and dye it the correct color.  Nothing to the dying process.  Another thing I learned from this site.... :)

You know still a good idea though. If he finds one another color one he can install it and wait til he or one of us find a new cover.

Which now that I think of it I know where one is!!!
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #11
thanks guys,but my car audio/stereo guru buddy is going to just glass a custom console for me to house my cheetah shifter and various switches/ status led's needed.

i was hoping this was just a bolt in and go ordeal,my cars a factory full console car,but the previous owner chopped it all to hell,and i dont know why...

this isnt the best pic to show,but yo uget the idea of what was done.

Reply #12
I'm thinking the factory consolette wouldnt work to well for you either. It took up a lot of room in my car
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook