Skip to main content
Topic: Productive day (dial up warning) Call it done...pg4 (Read 4214 times) previous topic - next topic

Productive day (dial up warning) Call it done...pg4

Reply #30
Nah. I have a brand new OEM 03-04 mach 1 hood and im swapping the front 03-04 cobra bumper cover in favor of an 01' cobra bumper like i had.

only thing im not sure of is weather or not i want to use the 03-04 side skirts on it or the saleen ones i had bought but never put on the red car.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #31
What color is that exactly?

Reply #32
Paint code PVE called "GO MANGO" or "GO MAN GO" depending on who you ask. You have seen it on the dodge ram daytona and dodge charger daytona.

~John~

Reply #33
Time for me to get a  new monitor! It looks alot like my color, but I know what your color looks like in daylight. Great choice, it was up there on my list.

Reply #34
Yeah, I guess it looks a little more red in these pics than it actually is but i think its pretty close. Between the digital camera and neon ceiling lights in the garage the color changes.

It's just one of those colors that always jumps out at me. I figured that since i wanted to paint the car anyway (no way was i going to leave it silver) i might as well go with a non stock color. It would have been the laser red if otherwise. i originally was going to paint the t-bird burnt orange so this is a throw back to that. I'm very happy with it so far but it's another thing entirely once the whole car is complete.

~John~

Reply #35
Nice, I guess a Mopar color would be okay. haha

Reply #36
Well i guess i can call it done. I had ordered a Steeda double hook quadrant and received it today so i went to install that. Filled the trans fluid, engine oil, coolant and PS/hydroboost fluids. Put some fresh premium in it, cycled the key on a few times to get the fuel to the engine and checked it over for leaks. Cranked her over she fired right up. Ran a bit rough initially then remembered i broke one of the clips for one of the injectors. I pushed on it and it smoothed right out. I'll have to get a new connector. Burped the coolant and cycled the PS/hydroboost and everything seems as it should. All that's left is to go back to the garage, clean it out and finish prepping stuff to get it jambed up. I kind of slacked off on that. Hopefully if i'm uber lucky she will be painted this weekend. I forgot to bring the camera so no pics/vids. Oh well. I do have a few of just after i dropped the engine into its new home and made most of the connections.

~John~

Reply #37
Wow!

Reply #38
Figured id throw some foll up here. Car is finally put back together and driving. It came out pretty much just like i expected and I'm pretty happy with the results. Need a few very small details to be complete as well as a good detailing. Hoping to have the vortech V2SQ on it this season. Still need the fmic, possibly bap or better pumps than the focus pump that's in it and some time on the dyno.

Some pics of the process that i had on the computer.

About 98% done here. still needs those small details etc...

~John~

Reply #39
Nice job
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #40
s! *picks mouth up off the floor*
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #41
shagY man...nice freakin' work!!!!  I may have missed this earlier on, but what color is that?  Looks very sweet.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #42
Nice!!!!! i noticed i have the same ramps lol!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #43
what size tires are you running with the fr500's?
84 el camino ss-daily driver(efi mild sbc,2004r, posi 3:42 rear.)
84 mercury cougar v6- was a v6/ nitrous drag car, going back to mostly stock
81 chevy malibu-protouring/  drag car.( efi sbc supercharged 283 that will rev to the moon, 2004r, 4:11 posi rear)

Reply #44
Thanks guys! The color is Dodge PVE. The wheels are 17X9 and 17X10.5, Front tires are 275/40/17 and the rear are 315/35/17. The car is sitting on Eibach pro kit springs.

~John~