Skip to main content
Topic: shiznitty night at work... (Read 2025 times) previous topic - next topic

shiznitty night at work...

my coat was stolen, as was my cell phone, inside my coat pocket.
it was hanging on the back of a chair in the lunchroom, it was there at first break, I called the g/f on the cell to see how the baby and her were doing...when I went in at lunch, my shiznit had been jacked!

they took my coat, threw out my gloves in the parking lot...I called my cell from work, it rang, then I called Nicole, she was with some friends of hers, one of them called, and it rang till voicemail picked up, then my supervisor came in, HE called my cell, by that point whoever had taken it had turned my phone off.

Called the police, they came down, took the report blah blah...turns out, some of the other folks had some shiznit disappear too, another guy had his cell stolen, as well as his truck keys and his smokes, and yet another person had his lighter stolen.
I'm just glad I didnt have MY keys in my coat, since I have that GM key with the anti-theft pellet in it, and the other key like it is with my dad..

It was nobody on our shift, as there's only 7 of us, and none of us would do this to another. There was a report of 2 individuals seen walking about a block away at a fast pace, and we have a coupla names of people who may have been behind it...

I swear to Hell and High Water, if I see someone wearing MY  coat in the next few days..I'm gonna bust their  legs with a big stick!! I had some of Cole's pics on my phone from when he was born, some pics of Nicole, some of my animals, etc...
I just feel sickened and violated. Not much else I can do, except hopefully spot some unlucky fvckwad wearing my coat.
The cell has insurance so in the next day or so I'll be lookin' into a replacement. Man, it sucks cause I had JUST gotten a 2 gig mem card for it..ughh

Some days, I just wanna kill idiots who can't leave other people's shagin shiznit alone.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #1
call the cell company and they can lock your phone,...
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #2
Shouldn't the cell phone company be able to trace the phones location? Though i assume that would only work if it was on.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #3
yep, there low lifes all around us.
 there proof that some people should not breed!
remember it easier to fix them, than to find them after they been crushed.

V6 = juvenile delinquency!

Reply #4
Quote from: Romeo2k;252970
Shouldn't the cell phone company be able to trace the phones location? Though i assume that would only work if it was on.

...AND in use.  It's a triangulation of the signals from cell phone towers and it's not exactly fool proof.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #5
Man, that sucks - I hate stupid low-lifes.

I had a nice leather jacket WITH my keys in it lifted from my local bar one night. Fortunately I noticed it within seconds of it not being there and ran out of the bar only to see some lowly street waif idiot chick stolling down the street with it on!!! I ran up to her and demanded my jacket. She was like "oh, I'm sorry" or something equally innocent sounding. I immediately felt in my pockets for my keys. Last time I ever took my jacket off at a bar.

In the summer, I parked my car in front of my parents place for a few minutes while I rustled up the kids. As I came out there was some big thug with a tire iron raised in his hand, ready to take out my passenger window (GPS hunting I'm guessing). I was JUST walking up to my car and looked right at his hand  wondering what the heck he was doing. HE disappeared into an alley - never to be seen again. Grrr - someday I'm going to have to terminate one of these fools.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #6
Yeh, in the span of 10 minutes, whoever had the phone had turned it off, judging by repeated calls to my number. (going straight to my voicemail)

Nicole came home and got online and my phone deactivated.

There's a lead...and the phone has probably been sold for dope money if that lead is accurate.

Bad thing is...today is a nice warm day so I can't go sit for a coupla hours before work and try to catch some SOB wearing my coat...:evilgrin:
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #7
i can't stand a  thief. :/
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #8
Quote from: V8Demon;252987
...AND in use.  It's a triangulation of the signals from cell phone towers and it's not exactly fool proof.
Although it takes a court order, you can get tracked with your cell phone as long as it's on. Doesn't have to be in use.

That's according to a friend who is a deputy in a nearby county.

Reply #9
Wow I'm sorry to hear that! I hope everything works out.

Reply #10
Quote from: Cougar5.0;252997
. Grrr - someday I'm going to have to terminate one of these fools.

There is no difference in people, we are all the same.  that thief may be a thief out of no other choice.  He / she had to steal for a reason.  Maybe you could handle it differently and talk with your thief, try to walk in thier shoes.  You may not have the whole story and most of all, you might be acting out in anger where it is not deserved. 

Open your mind to the thief a little an you might find a real person.  Try sharing what is yours with them instead.  They deserve it and you owe it to them to help, not harm.

Reply #11
Scott, you're a comedian for sure. :rollin:

This "street kid" appreciates your understanding :)
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #12
Quote from: jcassity;253106
There is no difference in people, we are all the same.  that thief may be a thief out of no other choice.  He / she had to steal for a reason.  Maybe you could handle it differently and talk with your thief, try to walk in thier shoes.  You may not have the whole story and most of all, you might be acting out in anger where it is not deserved. 

Open your mind to the thief a little an you might find a real person.  Try sharing what is yours with them instead.  They deserve it and you owe it to them to help, not harm.

Sorry, but I am going to good goded well disagree...NO ONE has a right to MY personal property. Period.
If you are broke enough to need my cell to sell for a habit such as drugs, then F you...you're nothing but the lowest of sspooge in my eyes.

But..if you just had a baby, and wasn't working and had no source of income, and needed a hand for baby food, diapers, or what-have-you...then I;d pay you to come cut a few loads of firewood, clean a fencerow, etc etc.

The fact that this person walked into my place of employment and stole what was someone else's....wow...I'm pissed all over again.
No...I won't look on their situation, whatever it may be with ANY sympathy..they are thieves, pure and simple....
You want a phone, or a winter coat, get a job and get your own.

TO my understanding, your way of thinking is this: (example) I am a drug addict, so I walk into your house, steal your phone and a brand new coat that was a gift, and you'll be understanding? Let me off with a "talking to"? not be pissed off?
Yeah right...

Whatcha smokin man? It's gotta be some good shiznit.

Edit...I'm asking for this to be deleted or locked. I never expected to have to be understanding of the plight of a drug addicted thief. shag that.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #13
Wow man, I am with you.... if someone needs help, then they can ask for it...not take whatever they want from someone else.

The person that did this wasn't in need of help, they are in need of a good ass whoopin'.
The person is a thief, for no other reason than they wanted the phone and the coat. That's it, nothing else. To think that someone who was actually in need could do this is just ridiculous.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #14
the only time i thank some one for taking some thing from me. was the guy that took my first wife!!!!
remember it easier to fix them, than to find them after they been crushed.

V6 = juvenile delinquency!