Skip to main content
Topic: Why I like living where I do (Read 1740 times) previous topic - next topic

Why I like living where I do

Here is what was just in my side yard, not 5 minutes ago. She was eating crab apples off the ground.

She moved into the grape vineyard and stood there for quite a while. If I she comes back, I'll try to get some more picts and post them.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #1
I used to live in Houghton, MI (Michigan's Upper Peninsula).  It was a different lifestyle but I really miss it.  I hear alot of reports about the Northern NY and Houghton having a similar climate/feel.

I really miss the snow.

Reply #2
Awesome.We have those as well.....just without the snow.There were 5 deer,but only two in the picture.This was taken last week.............

'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
One of those things destroyed my first car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
Little Angel, I dont live all that far from you and we get plenty of deer, they lay in the yard like dogs, we have a bear from time to time also, but I hate it here. Of course moving here from FL didnt help. Contemplating selling all my cars and getting out of here

Reply #5
mmmmm....

Looks tastey.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #6
I was looking into my snowy winter wonderland from my bedroom window today when a solitary bright-red cardinal landed on a tree branch nearby. I pointed it out to my GF and we agreed that it looked like a scene from one of the early colorized movies. It always amazes me when I see the cardinals flying around during blizzards - how the heck do they survive in the winter? Yet it sounded like spring today with hundreds of birds singing when I was throwing snow. I don't ever remember so many birds flying around in previous winters - not sure why. The deers eat the leaves off my vines a lot lately - never used to happen - there are so many deers now. I saw a bunch of coyotes the other day and flocks of wild turkeys were everywhere until the snow hit. WTF is with all the wildlife lately?
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #7
Quote from: Dansbirds;252533
Little Angel, I dont live all that far from you and we get plenty of deer, they lay in the yard like dogs, we have a bear from time to time also, but I hate it here. Of course moving here from FL didnt help. Contemplating selling all my cars and getting out of here

Yeah, you aren't too far from us. Actually my husband delivers in your area on Thursdays. He drives for C.A.Curtze co.

It takes a bit to get used to the snow, especially what we've had this past week. How do ya like the temps we've been having? LOL

We should try to get together sometime once the weather gets better...right now my Cougar is sitting in the driveway, it needs brakes so I won't be driving it any time soon. We also know a guy in North East who is a member of this board.

Reply #8
The deer come out in my yard, too, but not this time of year. In fact they only seem to come out in late summer. I figure they don't like crossing the river that borders my property when there's a bunch of water in it. I've never seen one with horns come out in my yard, either, though I have seen them on the other side of the river. There are also two pure white ones that come out, but never stick around long enough for me to get my camera.

Here's one that stuck around long enough for me to get a shot this past summer:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #9
Some other reasons I like living in the country...

Pic 1: A beaver on the bank of my river during the spring flood last year. I've also seen an otter but didn't have the camera
Pic 2: Three pheasants walking along the road in front of my house. There were actually four, but one wouldn't fit into the shot. This pic taken through my living room window - there are unbelievable numbers of pheasants around here. For some reason this pic always reminds me of the Beatles Abbey Road album cover...
Pic 3: Two eagles resting in a tree across the road and up the hill from my house - I was resting the camera on the roof of my old Lincoln Town Car when I took this pic. There are ALWAYS eagles in this tree. I've seen as many as four at once.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #10
More Upper Kennetcook wildlife sightings:

Pic 1: A snapping turtle near my shed.  was as big as a snow shovel.

Pic 2: A hawk in my lower yard, enjoying a mouse meal

Pic 3: A frog I found suction-cupped to my patio door window. The amazing thing about this was that it was November...

Reply #11
Quote from: danzajax;252525

I really miss the snow.

TRADE YA!!!!! lol
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #12
Quote from: Birdman;252535
mmmmm....

Looks tastey.

LOL
I was thinking the same thing especially after the other day my buddy brought some into work, but I think we just teed her off.
I am truly jealous of you guys and girl’s views of nature everyday. Besides for my job the only thing keeping me from moving to the country is friends and family.

Reply #13
Actually, I was thinking how nice it would be if it were deer season right now. LOL The only problem is, she is within 150 yards of the house.

Reply #14
Dunno about NY, but here you only have to be more than a certain distance away from somebody else's house. You're allowed to shoot right out your own window. Actually, you're allowed to shoot within the minimum distance of other houses too, if you have permission from the occupants of those houses.

...but if you were a REAL boonie dweller you wouldn't care about distances, much less whether it was deer season :mullet: