Skip to main content
Topic: 86' XR7 for sale - $600 - SOLD (Read 2048 times) previous topic - next topic

86' XR7 for sale - $600 - SOLD

Yes, I am reducing my litter. There is a possibility I may be moving soon, and money is getting a bit tighter. It's all stock except for as T3/4 turbo that smokes because the oil cap was not sealing, and oil got in to the turbo. Pictures are on file on the link in  my signature. There is also a video of the car running showing the engine bay I took for someone as well. I am asking $600.00 for the car as is. Immediate needs are front brake pads need replaced, and I have them in the trunk. Tires need replaced as well. Found out the front right is a retread and the retread is coming off. Please, place any and all questions for the car here. zip is 45036
pic link http://www.supermotors.net/registry/15092

Reply #2
Man I would scoop this up in a heartbeat if I was close by.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #4
What does it need besides the brakes and tires? Any recent repairs done?

We are looking for something that's reliable for the kids to drive.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #5
Pic link http://www.supermotors.net/registry/15092
The motor is a re-manufactured put in by 5.8FastCat. The exhaust is new as well. The turbo is a T3/4 put in as well. All this was done about two years ago. I started it yesterday (Covered in snow) and it started right up. It smokes while running, and am not sure why just yet. It may be that the valve cover needs tightening, since the motor is fresh and I have only put MAYBE a 1,000 miles on it since it was put in. I have receipts as well. Battery in it is new as well. Reason I initially stopped driving it is because the turbo was sucking oil out of the valve cover into itself. A guy here in town had the same problem with his and showed me what was going on. Oil cap on valve cover was not sealing, and has since been replaced. That is all I know as of today.

Reply #8
Doesnt look that bad aside fro the cosmetic rust. Wish I had the funds to get it. Would be perfect for my Dad.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #9
How old are the pics, how is the dash pad, did you remove the smog pump? does the trans shift fine? you said it smoked when you started it last, does it smoke from the exhaust or under the hood. the hood doesn't sit right was it in a accident? I wish I would of seen the ad last month I was just down in KY.

Reply #10
Quote from: willieray;258145
did you remove the smog pump? does the

No smog pump on the 2.3T's
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #11
Just looks like something is missing in the video.

Reply #14
How soon would it need to be picked up, is the smoking issue resolved, would the 87 cougar pass side door from your other ad fit in the trunk and most important is it still for sale? Thanks Dan