Skip to main content
Topic: It moved (Read 1166 times) previous topic - next topic

It moved

I had to do back brakes on my sister's car today. It is cold as hell out (about -18c or 0f and windy) so I had to do it in the garage. This meant that I had to take the T-Bird down off the jackstands and move it out of the garage. Thus an important milestone in the life of my car has been passed: This marked the first time the car has moved under its own power since the 5-speed swap :D I didn't get to move it much, as the yard is really, really icy (I actually got stuck halfway out of the garage, so I drove back in until the wheels were on concrete, then nailed it in reverse), but it moved. And reminded me how much these things suck in the snow, especially with summer tires :hick:

I know, it doesn't seem like much of a milestone, but to me it was like watching your kid ride his bike without training wheels the first time...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

It moved

Reply #1
It's a Kodak moment.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

It moved

Reply #2
Great to hear carm!!! It'll be a hell of a day when youre enjoying it regularly once again. :cool:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

It moved

Reply #3
What, no pics?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

It moved

Reply #6
I actually tried taking pics of the car out in the open (my insurance company wants pics, too), but the camera wouldn't work because of the cold. It was so cold that my bottle of water froze. Inside the garage. With a fire going in the woodstove. And a space heater going full blast on the other end of the garage. I have REALLY got to insulate that garage, replace the windows, and replace the doors.

I can't wait to unleash this beast on the streets. I should have the HO 50 rebuilt and ready to drop in by spring, too (yes, I bolted the T5 to the SO 5.0) :hick:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

It moved

Reply #7
Did you buy the vortec from wild bird?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

It moved

Reply #8
Vortech, as in supercharger? Nope. I wish, but nope.

It moved

Reply #9
"it moved"  I thought this was a topic out of a Seinfeld episode.

It moved

Reply #10
Quote from: xjeffs;252271
"it moved"  I thought this was a topic out of a Seinfeld episode.
...And yet you looked :hick: