Skip to main content
Topic: Frustrated!!! 3.8NA - 3.8SC (Read 3568 times) previous topic - next topic

Frustrated!!! 3.8NA - 3.8SC

Reply #15
N/A cars only.
All SC's where mass air,from 89 on.
There is a big difference from 89-90 to 91+ in the wiring,believe me i know.
That's why i ask what year.

Reply #16
how can you be sure the power train is balanced now?  Seems reasonable you decided to keep your old transmission.

You just pulled what i assume is an externally balanced engine and installed an internally balanced engine infront of what power train?

perhaps the motor needs to come out?  What the hell do i know about the 3.8 anyway,, : )

Reply #17
Quote from: jcassity;252593
What the hell do i know about the 3.8 anyway,, : )

I once looked at one, my eyes hurt for weeks and had to start wearing glasses...

Reply #18
Bust it out in your driveway.  Send me questions.  I have both cars (SC and Coug) so maybe I can help. 

There is some help to be had at http://www.autozone.com under the Repair Manuals section.  They show most of the wiring diagrams for free online.

-DZ

Reply #19
sorry if my previous post sounded off kilter,, but I was hoping you did not use the flywheel from the N/A 3.8.  The flywheel from the SC needs to stay with the SC engine.  I do not know if the SC flywheel has fitment issues to an older torque converter but it probably just slaps right on.

Reply #20
he hasn't logged on since 1-12 you guys might be wasting your time :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]