Skip to main content
Topic: updated pics of my 88 tbird after hitting a deer (Read 2501 times) previous topic - next topic

updated pics of my 88 tbird after hitting a deer

this is what happens to a t-bird going 65mph and no time for brakes

X

X

X

Reply #1
wow,thats banged up pretty good.I hope you can save it.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #2
this gives me a chance to do some things to it but like to find some other places to find parts for it besides ebay

Reply #3
All cosmetic less the upper half of the rad support but definetly saveable

Reply #4
definitely a fixable car. You can probably pull the top support back out yourself
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #5
i just hope they wont total it i hate when they dont want to fix a classic car anymore but yes i will pull it out or cut it out and weld in a new one

Reply #6
where are the pics?
5 Mopars, an S-197, and the Turbo Twinkie[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #7
hey, you got fur on your fender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #8
yes fur in the fender and stumich contins down the drivers side door

Reply #9
turbo 88 the pics r of the damage from the deer this all happened on 12/20/2008 at 5:15 in the morning going to work

Reply #10
oh for sure fix able, my car had a decent hit there when i bought it except it hit a truck now its somewhat fixed :D good luck with the fix

Reply #11
Sounds messy. :(

BTW,
Why cant i ever see the pics people post through the forum?
They show up like this:

Just pure text, no link, no pic, nothing but text.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #12
I dont know what you did to make it do that... Throw up a new post is site seguestions.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #13
Quote from: Romeo2k;248468
Sounds messy. :(

BTW,
Why cant i ever see the pics people post through the forum?

Are you viewing from work? The company I work for blocks some picture servers. So a lot of times I need to wait until I get home to view them.
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Reply #14
Quote from: daminc;248445
definitely a fixable car.

Okay be fair.  While that statement might be true, it's kind of like Hugh Hefner saying it's easy to pick up a hot chick.  Maybe easy for him doesn't mean easy for you.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]