Skip to main content
Topic: torx socket.... (Read 1315 times) previous topic - next topic

torx socket....

..so does anyone know what size torx bit is required for the seat belt bolts? Thanks.:burnout:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

torx socket....

Reply #1
T-50
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

torx socket....

Reply #2
Cool, thanks. :burnout:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

torx socket....

Reply #3
That's also the bit for the striker bolts for the doors.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

torx socket....

Reply #4
Looking to get the bolts out that, hold the upper back seat cushion.:punchballs:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

torx socket....

Reply #5
Get a long breaker bar before you start. Trust me (unless you get lucky).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

torx socket....

Reply #6
Uh huh, been there, done that.:hick: Not looking forward to it.:punchballs:

Quote from: cougarcragar;248415
Get a long breaker bar before you start. Trust me (unless you get lucky).
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

torx socket....

Reply #7
Wow,my bolts came out easy.Either I have the strength of thousands,or,my car was a fortunate "no stuck bolts" Oklahoma car.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

torx socket....

Reply #8
LOL, yea I've had it go both ways with our "wonderful" Michigan cars...lol.:D

Quote from: vinnietbird;248421
Wow,my bolts came out easy.Either I have the strength of thousands,or,my car was a fortunate "no stuck bolts" Oklahoma car.LOL.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

torx socket....

Reply #9
Torched mine, they turned right out. just be careful not to melt anything
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

torx socket....

Reply #10
I alwayshiznit the underside of the bolts with some penetrating fluid a day or two before hand. Seems to help.
It's Gumby's fault.

torx socket....

Reply #11
Well, with over a foot of snow recently, that's not gonna happen...LOL.:punchballs:

Quote from: Tbird232ci;248482
I alwayshiznit the underside of the bolts with some penetrating fluid a day or two before hand. Seems to help.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

torx socket....

Reply #12
the politically correct part # is T500 which has been
replaced by a #t47.--irv
the t500 or 47 is lightly different than the50. it
was made for seatbelt bolts

torx socket....

Reply #13
Thanks.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3