Skip to main content
Topic: Cougar 150 HP - 0-60Mph ? (Read 716 times) previous topic - next topic

Cougar 150 HP - 0-60Mph ?

My cougar 2000 V6 2.5L 170HP automatic own my '87 V8 5.L automatic it is normal ?

It is normal that my gaz pedal took like 2cm to get in the floor?
It that blocked ?
That pretty hard to get up a slope.
I wont race against a Scooter cuz im sure he'll kick my ass at start. :flip:
Where the problem ?

Sorry for my english.

En gros s'il y a un francais qui peux me répondre ici.. Est ce normal que la pédale a gaz de ma '87 soit dans le plancher alors que je l,ai enfoncer de 2cm. Est ce qu'elle est bloquer ?
J,ai l'impression que mon moteur ne tourne jamais au dessu de 2500RPM, il tourne vraiment a bas régime.
S'en est presque dure de monter une cote.

Reply #1
I tested mine once with something called GTech, a small device that uses power from the cigarette lighter in the car. Don't know if you have heard of them or not. They do 1/4 mile, braking distance, all of that stuff. It can clock 0-60 too. 9.4 seconds 0-60, when my car was stock, nothing done to the engine.

YES the 2000 Cougar should win by a landslide haha. 2000 Cougar 0-60....around 7.5 seconds.

You can't push the gas pedal down all the way? Floormat in the way? The carpet should let it go down all the way, but if you have a floormat on top of the carpet yes that may block it. Not sure if that I understood you correctly.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #2
It is normal that my gaz pedal took like 2cm to get in the floor?
Open the hood, and remove the big rubber intake hose from the throttle body, then have someone press the gas pedal all the way to the floor and see if the throttle plate inside opens all the way. If it doesn't, try turning the lever under the throttle body with your hand. If that opens it all the way, then there's a problem with the cable, where it attaches to the throttle lever, where it attaches to the gas pedal, or with the pedal itself.
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!