Skip to main content
Topic: The second best thing to sitting behind the wheel of your car... (Read 1168 times) previous topic - next topic

The second best thing to sitting behind the wheel of your car...

I had a spare seat after replacing the front seats in my 87 rustbird TC.

Very comfy, and surprisingly painless to do.  Even had a small 12 volt power drill battery tucked up underneath to work the power lumbar.  Best gift I won't find under the tree.

Joe

Reply #1
Schweet...:bowdown:

Reply #2
Niiice !  couple coworkers did that for their offices using nascar seats
1987 TC

Reply #3
epic! :D i bet you could sell those on here.
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #4
Nice, I have one of those as well.  In Raven Leather of Course.  I also put armrests on it/
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #5
I have one in blue.I made it about 10 or 11 years ago.I tore some of the foam from the lower back area and installed a heater/back massager.I love it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
Thats a good idea. Maybe ill look for one at the boneyard in good shape. That would be nice to do.

Reply #7
I was eyeballing this one till I saw the price.... ouch
http://www.jegs.com/i/On+The+Edge+Marketing/742/520010/10002/-1
sorry didn't see it was a dodge lol
http://www.jegs.com/i/On+The+Edge+Marketing/742/520002/10002/-1
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #8
I made one a few years ago from one of the extra leather seats from the '83.  Sitting on it right now actually...
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #9
I had the red ones from my sport in my room. Very comfortable. I was going to put them in the truck when I had it but never did. They are all apart right now to do something with the covers since the dye I tried didnt work. I think Im going to take one back to the dorm with me. Might make it a rocker.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #10
That's great!
I need to look into doing that, My desk chair is an old executive with chipping/cracking pleather and springs keep popping. :mad:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~