Skip to main content
Topic: Electronic instrument cluster - mileage.. (Read 1093 times) previous topic - next topic

Electronic instrument cluster - mileage..

Does the odometer in the electronic clusters reset or do they just stop?
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #1
What do you mean?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2
Well, im trying to find out if the mileage on my car is correct, it has the digital cluster, and i was wondering if the odometer rolls over (or resets or whatever) or if it got to a certain number of miles and just stopped.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #3
the milage should keep going. I believe there's a space for the hundred thousands on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #4
It goes up to 199999, then resets to 100000. The first digit can only be a 1. If you're trying to figure out your mileage, use this metric converter (website provided below). Simply go out to your car and write down the miles showing on the odometer. Now click the E/M button and write down the new number (which is the kilometers on your car), then go to this website:

http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm

Enter your miles, then click "calculate". If the last five digits (remember, the first "1" doesn't matter, because it can't be anything other than a "1" on your odometer) of the number in the "kilometers" box is the same as last five of the number  you saw on your odo when you pressed the E/M button you've really got 1XX,XXX miles. If it isn't, try entering your mileage with a 2 instead of a 1 (IE 250000 instead of 150000). Click "calculate" and check the "kilometers" box. If the last five of the number matches the last five showing on your odometer you've really got 2XX,XXX miles.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #5
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;248335
It goes up to 199999, then resets to 100000. The first digit can only be a 1. If you're trying to figure out your mileage, use this metric converter (website provided below). Simply go out to your car and write down the miles showing on the odometer. Now click the E/M button and write down the new number (which is the kilometers on your car), then go to this website:

http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm

Enter your miles, then click "calculate". If the last five digits (remember, the first "1" doesn't matter, because it can't be anything other than a "1" on your odometer) of the number in the "kilometers" box is the same as last five of the number  you saw on your odo when you pressed the E/M button you've really got 1XX,XXX miles. If it isn't, try entering your mileage with a 2 instead of a 1 (IE 250000 instead of 150000). Click "calculate" and check the "kilometers" box. If the last five of the number matches the last five showing on your odometer you've really got 2XX,XXX miles.

thats clever!  never thought of that.

Reply #7
Mileage turned out to be correct,but , my car is in pretty bad shape for 116,xxx:punchballs:
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII