Skip to main content
Topic: UN IPCC dissenting scientists growing in numbers. 12x the number in support. (Read 1076 times) previous topic - next topic

UN IPCC dissenting scientists growing in numbers. 12x the number in support.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=2158072e-802a-23ad-45f0-274616db87e6

“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.” - Nobel Prize Winner for Physics, Ivar Giaever.

Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.” - UN IPCC puppiesanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.

“The IPCC has actually become a closed circuit; it doesn’t listen to others. It doesn’t have open minds… I am really amazed that the Nobel Peace Prize has been given on scientifically incorrect conclusions by people who are not geologists,” - Indian geologist Dr. Arun D. Ahluwalia at Punjab University and a board member of the UN-supported International Year of the Planet.

“The models and forecasts of the UN IPCC "are incorrect because they only are based on mathematical models and presented results at scenarios that do not include, for example, solar activity.” - Victor Manuel Velasco Herrera, a researcher at the Institute of Geophysics of the National Autonomous University of Mexico

“It is a blatant lie put forth in the media that makes it seem there is only a fringe of scientists who don’t buy into anthropogenic global warming.” - U.S Government Atmospheric Scientist Stanley B. Goldenberg of the Hurricane Research Division of NOAA.

“Even doubling or tripling the amount of carbon dioxide will virtually have little impact, as water vapour and water condensed on particles as clouds dominate the worldwide scene and always will.” – . Geoffrey G. Duffy, a professor in the Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering of the University of Auckland, NZ.

“After reading [UN IPCC chairman] Pachauri's asinine comment [comparing skeptics to] Flat Earthers, it's hard to remain quiet.” - Climate statistician Dr. William M. Briggs, who specializes in the statistics of forecast evaluation, serves on the American Meteorological Society's Probability and Statistics Committee and is an Associate Editor of Monthly Weather Review.

“Many [scientists] are now searching for a way to back out quietly (from promoting warming fears), without having their professional careers ruined.” - Atmospheric physicist James A. Peden, formerly of the Space Research and Coordination Center in Pittsburgh.

I dare say the bubble has officially been burst. I've been arguing with my friends over this since I first read their initial letter drafted in 2007. There are so many reasons to get off of our dependence on oil, why not focus on those? Creating fear based on lies will only serve to create more distrust for our leaders, the UN, and the scientific community.

They sold us all on this story. Now I have one for them. The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Reply #1
Quote from: oldraven;247221
They sold us all on this story. Now I have one for them. The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Not all of us, they cry "global warming" and my pipes froze last year, were having record cold days here in my area, for me it all boils down to simply "look out the window" there idiots.

it's just an argument that's not worth making, people will believe what and who they want to believe, is not for me to change there mind, so I seldom argue the point.
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Reply #2
Great post. i kind of just borrowed it.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #3
Quote from: shame302;247227
Great post. i kind of just borrowed it.

Feel free, man! And thanks. :cheers:

Reply #4
Never bought into it...have always felt sorry for those who felt pressured to change and probably didnt want to. My uncle can well afford the gas but got rid of his '99 Suburban and got a COBALT 4 door....because he thought it was the right thing to do. Bragging to me about it having the "california emissions package" so its cleaner than anything out there blah blah. He ALWAYS has had big cars...before I was born it was a cordoba then a marquis etc etc. He had the thing a year and compromised by getting an Equinox. So you downgrade to some tiny go-kart that you DONT like at all because someone says you should and you don't even know if theyre right.

I've just always felt that the planet and its athmosphere is waaaay too big for us to have an impact, other influences like the sun considered as well lol.

I'm like Heston with my car...."from my cold dead fingers".
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #5
Don't get me wrong. Cutting down on pollution is a noble cause. Air pollution kills a frightening amount of people. 440 annually in Toronto. Imagine how many die in cities with real smog. It kills more people in California than car crashes. http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/11/13/why-we-care-dirty-air-in-california-kills-more-people-than-car/

It's the lie to get us to cut down on our emissions that is the shame here. Their attempt to scare people into action may be the thing that makes everything worse. Talk about bad timing, to hear this news just as gas is at $1.50/gal. So many people may now abandon the cause of seeking clear skies because they felt they were deceived, and that there really was no threat. Well, the threat to our polar bears is null, but the threat to our lungs is very real, and should be our real reason to become green. Give your uncle a pat on the back, but remind him that he did it for the wrong reasons. ;)

So no, we don't have a measurable effect on our weather. We do, however, kill ourselves every day.

Reply #6
Well yeah it was the global warming  nothing else that's what I can't stand.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #7
Once again, I agree with Oldraven: Global warming or not, there's nothing wrong with cutting emmissions and conserving fuel.

One of the worst things about the global warming scare is that it focuses everyone's attention on what is probably the most harmless byproduct of fossil fuels (CO2) and invites seriously polluting alternatives (*cough*Prius*cough*). I've been to Sudbury, Ont (I was there 29 years ago, before it was cleaned up). Nobody will ever convince me that avoiding a little CO2 is worth that mess.

The same scientists warning of global warming were trying to convince us we were heading into the next ice age three decades ago.

Just think of all the cheap domestic energy we have access to (coal) that we can't burn because of a bunch of Chicken Littles are worried about the CO2...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #8
My v-8 tbird gets better emissions then my wife's 98 neon. Get almost the same gas mileage too. If I keep my foot outta the gas, my car would get alot better. Like 5mpg or so.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #9
i was hoping someone would have posted a tree stump last year along side of this one just to see what they both say.

At the least, it would make a good field trip for the kids.

Reply #10
Darn, and I was hoping we'd have warmer weather here in the Northeast (as I sit here in the dark typing on my Blackberry with no power due to an ice storm, trees falling all around my house :( )
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.