Skip to main content
Topic: Feeler - 1987 Crown Vic Coupe FS soon... (Read 856 times) previous topic - next topic

Feeler - 1987 Crown Vic Coupe FS soon...

All,

Ok, well, I've recently acquired the car, and shortly thereafter determined that getting a sleeping toddler out of the back of a coupe is an incredibly strange ordeal of acrobatics.

So, I've got this 1987 Ford Crown Victora 2-door Coupe, black with red interior.  I'm the second owner, and it's got just under 73K original miles.  Excellent condition.  Not showroom, but not too far off.  Garage kept its whole life, the previous owner passed away not too long ago.  Yes, it's the senior-owner stereotype... I know, but it's really true in this case.  Have the original manuals, and some maintenance paperwork done by the executor of the estate (owner's son).  I purchased it in October 2008 with 70K on the clock.

Needs?  As far as I can tell, the tailpipe aft of the ler is going, and that's it.  Already converted to R134a.

Pics forthcoming.  I'm figuring $2600.

HOWEVER, I'm in the process of acquiring a daily driver (sigh, yes, I've had to bite the bullet and go for a 4-door) that's also a touch smaller, thus easier to shoehorn into my garage.

Any interest?  Pics forthcoming.
1988 Thunderbird Sport V8 - only 1 previous owner, and 110% bone stock so far... and sold to Nate!

Reply #1
YOUSIR!!! TONS OF INTEREST!!!!  but to get to the interested, you need to post this car on grandmarq.net/vb

crown vic tudors are to freekin die for!!!  i've got the fortune of helping restore one right now.

Quote from: ?;247173
Screw you Ford... I'm going to get a ranger riding a mustang to restore your focus on the expedition needed to escape from the edge of bankruptcy.

Quote from: random im message;385099
need to pretend to get some awesome wheels for my invisible cars so i can pimp hard in my dreams at night...

Reply #2
or crownvic.net

Reply #3
i wouldnt bother on cvn. the vast majority of people there are into the 92-current cars.

gmn is all about the boxes.

Screw you Ford... I'm going to get a ranger riding a mustang to restore your focus on the expedition needed to escape from the edge of bankruptcy.

need to pretend to get some awesome wheels for my invisible cars so i can pimp hard in my dreams at night...

Reply #4
Sounds good - I've been a member of cvn for a short while...  though I'll likely post to both gmn and cvn once I actually get my (sigh.. grumble) more practical daily-driver and have the coupe ready to be sold.
1988 Thunderbird Sport V8 - only 1 previous owner, and 110% bone stock so far... and sold to Nate!

Reply #5
that would one hell of a fun sleeper car
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #6
oh yes....tudor vics are good sleepers.  here's one i'm building the audio for when it comes back from paint:

i will say this.....this vic in these pics freekin screams down the road...

Reply #7
HELL YES!
thats freakign shagy!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #8
brought to you mostly by lincolnmania.  he started it, i'm makin it sound good.

and to the op, dude, you got a hell of a lot more room to put a leg in and reach for the car seat in a tudor vic than you do in anything made today.  my exwife had a 2door toyota echo.  imagine how i felt getting my kids outta the back seat of that......