Skip to main content
Topic: feeler: 1983 tbird (Read 814 times) previous topic - next topic

feeler: 1983 tbird

ok, i might be in need of cash soon, and as much i dont wanna, i might need to sell my bird. god help me i hope it dont come to that.

1983 tbird, 5.0 cfi, aod.

ac compressor and lines have been removed, were garbage and useless.  the condensor and under dash stuff is still in place.

need shocks, rear brakeline section, hoses, belts, and prolly a tuneup.  thats all it needs to pass inspection.  like 160 bucks worth of parts on rockauto.

inside, the drivers door is missing an armrest.  everything else is there, and everything else in the car appears to work as well.

needs a drivers fender and door.  fender is crumpled a little, and is rotted off at teh bottom.  drivers door is dented up and is also rusting at the bottom.

in a most odd, crazy, wierd turn of events, the bottom of the car is largely rust free.  the rockers are 100% rust free.  things are still fully painted the original paint, a few chips, but no rust.  wth????

in addition to the largely rust free status, it has a almost new exhaust (previous owner was fixing it up), 3g alt (100amp i believe), and runs and shifts pretty good considering its been sitting.
tires are decent, full size spare in teh trunk with new tread tire

included with the car are a set of ES poly bushings for the suspension,
a BBK x-pipe (i think its bbk, it might be a MAC, it was bought for a crown vic, didnt fit right, and was given to me),
a ProForm mustang fan (was on a Colony Park, still ran a touch hotter than the owner liked, so he upgraded, i got the fan)
an early fox mustang 3spoke steering wheel (grant style, no center cap),
a digital dash with proper fuel sender, came from an 83 heritage i believe
also have a bandpass box with a pair of 10" pioneer subs.
i think i even have a 7.5" trac-loc sitting here as well

will sell it as is for 650firm.  has a clean title, pretty good condition, comes with all those extra's, doesn't need much.
Quote from: ?;247173
Screw you Ford... I'm going to get a ranger riding a mustang to restore your focus on the expedition needed to escape from the edge of bankruptcy.

Quote from: random im message;385099
need to pretend to get some awesome wheels for my invisible cars so i can pimp hard in my dreams at night...

Reply #1
Location, location, location....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #2
gah, sorry.  tremont, pa 17981

looks like this might be more than a feeler....i dont like where tonights events are going....i might not be where i am now in a few days...in which case i will have to sell the car because i dont have the money for parts so i can fix it to drive back to wi.
Screw you Ford... I'm going to get a ranger riding a mustang to restore your focus on the expedition needed to escape from the edge of bankruptcy.

need to pretend to get some awesome wheels for my invisible cars so i can pimp hard in my dreams at night...

Reply #3
bump.  my situation is good, but i found a car i really wanna save, and need to raise cash for it.  the price for the bird isnt firm anymore, i'll take offers.

the x-pipe, fan, and bandpass wont go with though, i'd need them for the car i wanna save.

if i could get.....400 for the bird, i'd be happy.

Reply #4
OK!!!! 250 BUCKS TODAY!!!!

I WANT THIS OTHER CAR BAD!!!!

and i dont wanna s a good car. come on guys, i know there is somebody itching for a new car.

Reply #5
Pics Pics Pics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #6
http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk100/theconstantevolution/bleeding%20chicken/

ignore the first couple pics lol

Reply #7
and bump, really wanna get the other car.

i hate people on craigslist.  i'm only askin 300 there.  i keep getting offers for 150.  if i was gonna s it, i'd take it there myself, and get the full 180 from it.

if i cant get this towncar, so be it.  but i'd really like to.  i figured either i'll end up with the towncar, or the tbird project will go on.

Reply #8
ok guys, as much as i hate to do this, i'm prolly gonna s the car today if noone is seriously interested.  its the 30th and i gotta have my child support paid like...NOW.

i'm gonna miss it, but its what i gotta do.

Reply #9
Geeze, im really suprised no one is jumping on this......
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #10
i havent been able to take it in yet (f***in holiday s***), so its still for sale.  i still need to raise money.

god i hate this.  my stress levels are through the  roof right now.

if anyones interested lemme know.

Reply #11
bump, still available guys.  250 bucks for forum members.

need to raise money in a hurry