Skip to main content
Topic: thank you (Read 1229 times) previous topic - next topic

thank you

i would like to thank anyone who has helped me with questions i have had.  but due to a nagging wife im going to let this project die.  i would love to drive my thunderbird, but alas im whipped and its too late to get un-whipped.  i will be posting some of the stuff i have for sale soon as soon as i get pics    again thanks all
86 t-bird 226k miles and blown transmission

thank you

Reply #1
And cooch whipped is the worst possible whuppin'...:shakeass: :beatyoass:

thank you

Reply #3
I'm pretty lucky.Gayle is pretty understanding.On the other hand,after 15 years together,I'm probably pretty whipped as well,I just don't recognize it as I used to.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

thank you

Reply #4
You guys crack me up. Mine says she's gonna buy me a new spoogemins when her house sells
5 Mopars, an S-197, and the Turbo Twinkie[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thank you

Reply #5
kwellst, ask your wife what kind of collector/muscle/vintage/whatever car she likes and wants. I did that with mine years ago and bought it for her. After that, I've pretty much had the green light for any project I've wanted (within reason, of course). The point is if she feels like she has something "cool" too and can relate, she may be more willing to let you play. We just celebrated 25 years, so I bought her another car. That means I could start another project. Well, if I had any money left.... :D
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

thank you

Reply #6
Buying her a Lincoln Town Car will work too. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

thank you

Reply #7
Or a black on black fully optioned Accord.It worked for me.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

thank you

Reply #8
Quote from: kwellst;244733
i would like to thank anyone who has helped me with questions i have had.  but due to a nagging wife im going to let this project die.  i would love to drive my thunderbird, but alas im whipped and its too late to get un-whipped.  i will be posting some of the stuff i have for sale soon as soon as i get pics    again thanks all

This is why I don't have my truck anymore. :( She knows better than to even mention the words 'sell' and 't-bird' in the same sentence, though.

*edit*
I just realised that I still haven't taken that truck out of my list in my sig. Oh well. I've got a firetruck to replace it with. ;) (Which is how I paid for my part of the truck. My brother now owns my truck, which is good, since he worked on it with me in the first place.)

thank you

Reply #9
thank god my wife loves cougars!!! :flip:

you have no idea how much she would want me to spend on hers if we had the money :burnout:

she nags me about spending money everywhere else, but when it comes to my wifes kitty, she'll make us skip a meal to get her fixed :)

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

thank you

Reply #10
My wife wants a full size Hummer.  I said, you'll get one.....in about 30 years.  She wants nothing to do with my hobby.  I guess that's gonna be 30 years of suffering, for the both of us.  :punchballs:
1987 TC

thank you

Reply #11
well i talked it over with the wife.  i can keep the car ive just got to sell a bunch of stuff that im not going to use i just got in a trade.  and i cannot install the cam i just got too(would require stall or 5spd conversion, and a maf setup.) so im just going to hang on to it.  oh i didnt buy her a car, i bought her a 42" flatscreen,  i can play my 360 on it only when she's not home :)
86 t-bird 226k miles and blown transmission

thank you

Reply #12
Cool.Now,get out there after you eat and start working on the car.Up on jack stands with no tires.Tell her it CAN'T be moved before she changes her mind.

thank you

Reply #13
There ya go, congrats!! Now do what Vinnie said ASAP. Good luck!!
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

thank you

Reply #14
It's all about give and take. and give and give a little more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook