Skip to main content
Topic: Few new shots of my 88 cougar LS... (Read 1248 times) previous topic - next topic

Few new shots of my 88 cougar LS...

ignore the missing headlamp housing's...

i found some NIB through a buddy of mine,and i bought an HID light setup.

its filthy,but ive been driving the hell out of the thing

Reply #1
wasnt this the one that was o nthe forum for sale for a long tiime? lol

Reply #2
yes it is,why?

Reply #3
The wheels look great.New lights will really look good also.Any plans coming up for the old Cat?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
just had a c4 built for the car,wit ha decent converter and transbrake.

in the process right now of getting the mark7 rearend built with the gears/axles/girdle

the motor is getting a new cam/timing chain{if it needs it} this coming weekend,and a NOS 2 stage cheater kit,with my holley double pumper.

im redoing the entire fuel system with -10 feed for the motor,and mounting the 3 gallon cell in the trunk for the nitrous enrichment,also need to remount both fuel pumps,mount both regulators and run a ton of new lines.

-10 feed,with a -8 return for the motor
-8 feed,with a -6 return for the nitrous enrichment
will aslo be routing -6 line for the trans cooler,and mounting the new transcooler w/efan combo.

tearing the JUNK megashifter out and putting in a cheetah shifter.

im also going to mount a double din screen in the dash,and redo how the previous owner has the gauge's laid out,i also need to remove the speedo/tach cluster out and wire in turn signal blinkers,and high beam led's so i know whats going on.

adding a trans temp gauge,and 2 fuel pressure gauges,and jsut tidy'n up some of the stuff done,that i do not aprove of.

i have my hands full...but all in all,its not that bad,ive already gotten alot accomplished.

in the spring,im just going to spray the current motor until it pops,and then most likely build a REAL motor for the car.

most likely a 418ish cube motor,afr heads and all the other usual goodies

by the end of the year,the car better be going 10.50s or im going to burn it to the ground lol.

Reply #5
edit, i forgot its also getting a repaint had planned on going with a gunmetal mettalic greyish....but,i think im just going to stick with the blue for ease and simplicity.

Reply #6
This will be the last thing i say on this thread, subtle but slandering the previous owner. Oh well! Its only human....oh ya...its a Star Shifter by the way!! Good luck with the project! Seem you got your work cut out for ya! Plans seems to be good! Hope you enjoy blowing up the motor!!!!

Reply #7
Quote from: HartBreakr;244634
This will be the last thing i say on this thread, subtle but slandering the previous owner. Oh well! Its only human....oh ya...its a Star Shifter by the way!! Good luck with the project! Seem you got your work cut out for ya! Plans seems to be good! Hope you enjoy blowing up the motor!!!!
should i jsut let it go then? and go about my merry way....

hmmm...lets see here dude.

within 5 minutes of you guys leaving...

i discovered the following.

the thermostat housing blew and pissed antifreeze everywhere.
the trans you claimed to be fresh,slipped horribly in every gear.
bolts on the trans bellhousing were loose
speedometer stopped working within 5 miles of you dropping it off.
the fuel cells mounted the wrong way
the car continued to run when the key was shut off
the headlight switch was all kinds of jacked up
there was no PCV in the motor,instead you had an open vacuum leak the entire time,and you told me it was caused by the choke being misadjusted.
the shifter was horribly misadjusted,would skip over gears.
plug wires were all burned on the headers

i could go on and on.

and please,point out to me where i "slander" you? that would mean i am falsely saying something about you,and i have not...everything i have spoken is 100% fact,therefore my friend,its hardly slander...its just considered the cold hard truth.

just be lucky i am as understanding as i am,if you would have sold this car to someone ELSE with all the BS claims you made,someone else might be so understanding. you claimed this car was a daily driver for what..2 years? there isnt a chance in hell you drove this for 2 years,with all the issues it had when it rolled off the trailer.

im not upset about any of that anymore however,in reality im only in this car 200 bucks,and i have my other transam,i do however know,not to deal with you again,and id highly advise against anyone else doing so.

Reply #8
It sounds like you're pretty much starting from scratch.Good luck,and keep us up to date on everything.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #9
Quote from: vinnietbird;244671
It sounds like you're pretty much starting from scratch.Good luck,and keep us up to date on everything.
not really,just fixing a few things here and there,and updating some items. but its a decent amount of work...

i will keep you guys updated with pics and then some vids in the spring.

Reply #10
Your a joke dude!!!! I drove that car with no problems and you are thinking up things!! And you just make a list of probs to once again make me look bad!!! I could make a list tens time as long with how you mislead me on the car you gave me, so don"t get me started!! Many people have seen that car out on the road everyday, so you can just shove your BS accusations!! And i did advise to leave the tranny in the car, but instead you wanted the other one that sat for  a little while, that was rebuilt WITH MILES ON IT, before i took it out of a car, and never once stated that i had it rebuilt and it was fresh!So glad that you like misleading people into thinking i am an A**!! Good Day!

Reply #11
love is in the air..........:jerry: 

(always wanted to use the jerry emoticon :beatyoass:)

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #12
ha ha! Just not very happy with the situation and i apologize for spouting off on the forum!

Reply #13
i mislead you about the transam? i took pictures of ANYTHING and everything you wanted and asked for...kinda hard for pictures to lie,you knew about EVERYTHING.

you had the car listed on ebay as perfect mechanical condition....

yet 4 days before you were supposed to be bringing it here,a trans issue magically popped up,of course id want the trans you had that you stated was rebuilt in the car,whoever rebuilt that trans is a moron.

and actually,it has nothing to do with me being happy,im happy about the car...just unhappy with your BS.

just like the carb we traded,you said said was a holley 4150...WRONG...its a holley 4160 vac secondary,yet you got my 800 edelbrock....THAT ACTUALLY WAS an 800 edelbrock.

funny how im making shiznit up according to you, but i texted you and CALLED you instantly when i found this shiznit out...,and you probably hadnt even made it back to the freeway when i called.

Reply #14
Never said the Holley was a 4150 anyways! I only said it was a 600 Holley! and you got the 600 edelbrock that was 2 months old, that i GRACIOUSLY left on it!  And that 800 looks like it when through a warn zone! And i did not know everything about the T/A! Almost left with the Cougar on the trailer, but could not see SPENDING ALL THAT TIME AND MONEY FOR NOTHING! But in the end will be worth it, MAYBE! It just so happened to stumble across things as i tore it apart! The tranny that was in the car worked just fine, except for the, an i mean the slightest hang from 2nd to third, and was only noticeable barely at high RPM's! Did you not have one problem with that car other than the ignition prob, which i mentioned to you, i take it all apart, it goes back together, down the and on a trailer, all the way to Illinois, and poof, its a completely different car! Amazing how that happens! I could make a real nice list of things that were mislead on the T/A, or not even said, until i saw it with my own eyes, six hours across two states, but i wasnt going to say anything till you started running your mouth and bad mouthing me! First on the T/A forum, and now here! Everything i told you was FACT, and frankly at this point don't care what you think about it! You say are HAPPY with the car, so why you still griping about it? Funny how i went from a stand up guy, to a guy who everyone should not buy anything from, or sell to! I forgot to mention the VERY MINOR, ALMOST NOT EVEN THERE tranny hang, so rather than driving up there with and you not knowing, i thought i would tell ya, but yet that wasnt good enough, i am a bad person for changing out the tranny at your request, rather than sticking you with it! I put a tranny in that had sat for some time, but worked perfectly fine when it was taken out, but i guess from sitting around it just started slipping! Maybe it magically got burned up! I NEVER BS'ed about anything i told you, you just now that you are a little unhappy, you can run your mouth about me! It's ok i can take it! And i was pretty much on the Pike when you called about the leaking water neck! shiznit happens when its 20 degrees out! Wooppie a 20 dollar fix! I gave you a non roller, and i got a roller that i have to put $1200 if not more, (3 times that if i buy new panels) in an interior, that only needed panels redyed and a carpet, and build a drivetrain for! Hope the rear end has a diff and some gears, might tear into it and find them blew apart! Also needs every piece of weather stripping replaced, rather than just the T-top pieces! Flares are junk, and need new ones now, need a windshield, and the rest of the glass is pretty well scratched up! Oh yea, and i cut half the passengers side floor pan out today because it was rusted out, and or full of pin holes! Looks like that 20 MINUTE job, will take a little longer! Any among other things, looks like you made out! You SAY u need a tranny in the Cougar (700 fix), and guess what, you can go down the road and enjoy your car! I have to put $4000 in the T/A to get it down the road! Looks like you made out like a BANDIT!!!!!!