Skip to main content
Topic: Sport Compact Car, Other Titles Axed By Source Interlink (Read 703 times) previous topic - next topic

Sport Compact Car, Other Titles Axed By Source Interlink

http://jalopnik.com/5096277/truck-trend-sport-compact-car-other-titles-axed-by-source-interlink

We've been able to confirm that both Truck Trend and Sport Compact Car magazines, august titles from the the sprawling Source Interlink automedia empire, have been killed by their publisher. Word is up to 115 employees were notified yesterday that their services would no longer be required.

They thought "Sport Compact Car" was a service?
Psssssshhhhhtttt.

About 8 or 9 years ago, SCC did an article on the new FWD Cougar and of course I picked up the "magazine" because I collect Cougar articles from 1983-up.

From word one the article spewed its vitriol against anything RWD, claiming to pretend anything that drives its rear wheels "doesn't exist". They went into further diatribes that, frankly, got old quickly. But oh yes, they still had their h8r mantra to uphold!

Well, guess what guys...now YOU don't exist! And (gasp!) RWD is back too!

Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya. Irony is such a bitch.

C ya.
:flip: :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip:

Reply #1
karma is a bitch, huh?
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #2
THAT......is EPIC AWESOME.

A "service" hahahahaahaha that's just gold right there.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #3
i'll take sport compact car of hot compacts and imports any day of the week.  hci is nothing but the same old washed civics, silvias and 350z's over and over and over again.  i like scc for the variety of cars, fwd, awd, or rwd.  like the sweet audi on the front page of the website right now.  hci dont publish cool cars like that.  f*** hci, long live scc
Quote from: ?;247173
Screw you Ford... I'm going to get a ranger riding a mustang to restore your focus on the expedition needed to escape from the edge of bankruptcy.

Quote from: random im message;385099
need to pretend to get some awesome wheels for my invisible cars so i can pimp hard in my dreams at night...

Reply #4
I wonder when and if some of the numerous Mustang mags sucspoogeb to the same fate.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #5
mustang rags are even more overrated....
Quote from: ?;247173
Screw you Ford... I'm going to get a ranger riding a mustang to restore your focus on the expedition needed to escape from the edge of bankruptcy.

Quote from: random im message;385099
need to pretend to get some awesome wheels for my invisible cars so i can pimp hard in my dreams at night...