Skip to main content
Topic: what in the hell is with the fact that... (Read 1006 times) previous topic - next topic

what in the hell is with the fact that...

the rearend in at least a cougar...is narrower then the front end?

ugh...i bought cobra wheels for the cougar..

the fronts fit GREAT and look badass

the rears,tuck in the wheel well a good 3 or 4 inches,it looks retarded as hell.

i guesso n the bright side,with the same offset,and a dished wider wheel,it looks like a 315/335 would fit back there without any issues!

any easy solution to help solve this problem?

Reply #1
any easy solution to help solve this problem?

spacers and/or wider wheels/tires in back
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
mark rear end
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #3
Mine look good,but I'm still going with wider tires.275 40 17's coming soon to a Sport near me.Paint first.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
Quote from: daboss351;244490
mark rear end

i'm planning mark front rear AND air
Quote from: ?;247173
Screw you Ford... I'm going to get a ranger riding a mustang to restore your focus on the expedition needed to escape from the edge of bankruptcy.

Quote from: random im message;385099
need to pretend to get some awesome wheels for my invisible cars so i can pimp hard in my dreams at night...

Reply #5
im actually swapping a 91 mark 7 rear with disc's into the car,with a 4.10 gear

PROBLEM is,i do NOT want to do a 5 lug conversion,as i just bought real 93 cobra wheels,which are 5 lug...and my bogarts/welds are all 4 lug setups...im not switching all of that shiznit around.

anyone know of a way to keep 4 lug with the mark7 rear?

Reply #6
I don't understand.....If,as you stated in the post above this one, you just bought 5 lug Cobra wheels,wouldn't you want a five lug car?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #7
Quote from: sprayin88cat;244527

anyone know of a way to keep 4 lug with the mark7 rear?

Yes..have your existing axles modded for 4-lug, or have custom ones made.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #8
He must have typed it wrong, because he started out with them on the car. Didn't he?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #9
meh,i meant all my current wheels are 4 lug... the car right now is 4 lug,and i want to STAY 4 lug lol.

heres a few shot's with the OEM 93 cobra wheels..

Reply #10
Don't the '93 Cobra wheels (the real ones) have a different offset/backspacing than your typical 4 lug fox Mustang wheel?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #11
Well if you're using actuall stock, OEM '93 Cobra wheels, therein lies your problem. They had more offset than the non-Cobras did, thus they will be pulled in more.

The '93 Cobra used the "TC" rear brake set-up and was also wider in the front with rotors with taller "hats" to match and thus needed different offset wheels to fit properly.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #12
But wouldn't the offset be different because the wheels are perhaps WIDER than a regular Mustang or Tbird wheel?

(btw, I think this is post 100 for me:D  )
5 Mopars, an S-197, and the Turbo Twinkie[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
never really been a big fan of those wheels...  but they look sharp on that car...  2 thumbs up man....

Reply #14
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;244577
big fan

my thoughts exactly

are you positive all four wheels are true 93 cobras?
if they were, wouldnt all four be sucked in to a point? maybe two are repops.....move those to the rear. :dunno:
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!