Skip to main content
Topic: Mass Air Conversion (Read 455 times) previous topic - next topic

Mass Air Conversion

im looking for a mass air conversion for a 5.0 with an AOD.  i need ecu harness and maf sensor.  please pm me with price +shipping to 37412.  thanks
86 t-bird 226k miles and blown transmission

Mass Air Conversion

Reply #1
The best way to get a harness is from Ebay.They sell the conversion wiring kit pretty cheap,and it comes with instructions.There are no actual harnesses made for our car that are Mass Air unless it's one somebody already did the mod to.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Mass Air Conversion

Reply #2
Like what vinnie said about the wires.
I have the computer "A9L" and a 19# meter. $165 shipped.
thats cheaper than whats in my ad at
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=18184
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Mass Air Conversion

Reply #3
i wasnt after a conversion harness(where u have to add the wires to your oe harness) i was after a harness for the pcm.
86 t-bird 226k miles and blown transmission

Mass Air Conversion

Reply #4
The harness to the computer has to be modified with the kit I spoke of (or you could fab your own kit).I like the Ebay kit because the wires are the right colors,complete instructions,ready to install.Our cars never came with Mass Air,so there is no Mass Air harness for it.I tried a Mass Air Stang harness,but the plugs were different.To modify our harnesses,it's actually really easy.Just a little patience.Is there anything wrong with the harness in your car now?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Mass Air Conversion

Reply #5
I wouldn't get a mustang harness(only one available for the 5.0l) if i where you,the work in re harnessing the car will be a pita and take many hours plus much of the wiring is different and would have to be repined.
You can add the 4 pin harness and move the few wires around very easily,takes around an hour for the skilled,2-3 for the not skilled,much easier.

Mass Air Conversion

Reply #6
That's what I was saying as well.easy stuff.