Skip to main content
Topic: Dumd Qustion (Read 1640 times) previous topic - next topic

Dumd Qustion

Would the 1987-88 mustang ground effects from a GT fit on a 1987-88 T-Bird. I was just woundering about the sides.  I'm sorry if this is dumb.... Question but I really want to get some type of side effects.

Thanks

Mark W.

PS go easy on me. ;)

Dumd Qustion

Reply #1
Nope the T-bird has a longer wheel base.

Oh and ground effects suck, on any car, any time. :p
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Dumd Qustion

Reply #2
The Mustang side skirts will actually fit the front fender and under the door just fine. But due to the wheelbase differences between the cars, they won't work on a T-Bird as they're too short.

And ground effects rule if you can find them. :flip:

Dumd Qustion

Reply #3
i gotta side with eric  on the ground effects rule

Dumd Qustion

Reply #4
Uhh,

TASTEFUL ground effects rule.  The fugly, over-the-top, tuner effects do, in fact, suck.
    BTW, if  I could find a set, they'd be on my TC.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Dumd Qustion

Reply #6
personally, i like 1987-88 mustang ground effects from a GT on a mustang or capri. i have them install on some of my stangs but i haven't like any ground effects on 83 to 89thunderbird or cougar.that just to much pimp for me.
remember it easier to fix them, than to find them after they been crushed.

V6 = juvenile delinquency!

Dumd Qustion

Reply #7
You can find a few guys selling them on this site sometimes so if you want them save up some money and have it ready.

Ground effects only look good on drop tops and eric has one and for the T-birds they look better on the 83-86 ones. There not bad if you can find them also kinda depends on the color of your car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Dumd Qustion

Reply #8
i like the mustang gt look so much....i'm gonna use mustang gt bumpers AND skirts on my tbird.....  fibreglassing be fun...so i hear

Quote from: ?;247173
Screw you Ford... I'm going to get a ranger riding a mustang to restore your focus on the expedition needed to escape from the edge of bankruptcy.

Quote from: random im message;385099
need to pretend to get some awesome wheels for my invisible cars so i can pimp hard in my dreams at night...

Dumd Qustion

Reply #9
Quote from: yellow86coogr;244088
Ground effects are like chrome rims. They look great, but are a pain to take care of.

That was a great comparison.  It'd like to second that! :)

Dumd Qustion

Reply #10
i have a bodykit for a 83-86 thunderbird or cougar for sale if you want them for you car.
84 el camino ss-daily driver(efi mild sbc,2004r, posi 3:42 rear.)
84 mercury cougar v6- was a v6/ nitrous drag car, going back to mostly stock
81 chevy malibu-protouring/  drag car.( efi sbc supercharged 283 that will rev to the moon, 2004r, 4:11 posi rear)