Skip to main content
Topic: Rare find in the yard today. (Read 5920 times) previous topic - next topic

Rare find in the yard today.

Reply #30
My '87 Bird is rather optionless. buttstuffog clock(unusually quiet), no cruise, no rear defrost, no map lights, no autolamp, manual mirrors, but it has pl, pw, and power driver seat. I got three options yay!lol
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #31
I wish M7s would have come with less mandatory options. I know it goes against what a Lincoln is about, but still. Mine only has one real option that's the Alarm, but it still has a ton of options.

I could definitely do without the mandatory power seats, climate control, Teves ABS, premium sound, cruise control, auto dim headlights, automatic headlights, and the alarm. The other stuff I like though. :hick:
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #32
K, I found a photo of a 1985 Thunderbird with a standard A-frame wheel, no leather wrap, no cruise control:

Thanks to Brent (BCA) for the scan. ;)

Reply #33
Wow that's a really interesting dash color combo, between the lower and upper portions and the bare metal finish on the faceplating. I like that, seems kinda old-school, ya know, when dashes were really pretty wild.

I do hear a lot of this talk at old car shows, especially from the muscle car crowd about options this and that and you could get this motor exactly how you wanted it in this car even though it makes no sense etc etc. Neat to see that as late as 20 years ago you could still get that.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #34
83-84 bird at a yard by me. Crank Vent windows. power mirrors was it. Manual seats and everything.

No one wants crank vents do they?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #35
Quote from: EricCoolCats;241524
K, I found a photo of a 1985 Thunderbird with a standard A-frame wheel, no leather wrap, no cruise control:

Thanks to Brent (BCA) for the scan. ;)

If that was charcoal it'd look almost like my old '85 - except that one has air, mine didn't.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #36
83-84 bird at a yard by me. Crank Vent windows. power mirrors was it.

Vent windows required dual power mirrors so that makes sense. Personally I LOVE the vent windows but they do visually clutter up the greenhouse area. Would love to see someone figure out a way to put vent windows in the 1987-88 doors...

Reply #37
Quote from: EricCoolCats;241524

I assume that was a prototype interior for sales literature.
I love how they used a light gray on the gauge surround plastic. It enhances the layout of the "idiot lights" and gives it that KITT effect.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #38
Yeah that kinda stood out to me too...definitely shoulda done that!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #39
I hate power windows. Every car i've had them on I had to fix when I got them. I would much rather just be able to have them work.

4 out of 5 of my cars have had an anolog clock.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #40
Hell my 88 T-bird LX has every option but a sunroof. Would I trade it for a no option car..................... NO :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #41
Yeah I will admit I'm rather spoiled at this point. Especially the heated seats, that's SICK! The moonroof stopped working this summer (good thing it stopped when it was CLOSED! :hick: :bowdown: ) but honestly I almost NEVER used it. Im happy enough really just being able to slide the inner one open and have the sun pour in and see blue sky above.

Honestly, many things like the seats and mirrors that I have set once basically and have not moved from those spots.....ever....don't really need to be powered. But it is nice to have if I DO move them :D

I think I just like knowing that the guy that originally bought this thing went all out and figured if Im getting the special edition I'll deck it out. But he didnt get the engine block heater!!!! So its JUST short of being fully-loaded. Dammit :hick:

Reply #42
The engine block heater was dealer installed. If you can find a NOS kit and install it (removal of a freeze plug on the engine block is required) then technically you'd have the option. Nobody would ever know that it was just installed. Every once in a while I'll see the kit on eBay. You would have a 110V plug hanging out behing the grille...but you'd have the option. ;)

Reply #43
Quote from: EricCoolCats;241863
You would have a 110V plug hanging out behing the grille...

shagy...:hick:

Reply #44
:rollin:
LMAO

Thats so funny! You guys are talking about how "rare" the manual options are and this is the car I drive everyday.
I always thought HAVING cruise was rare...and I've always wished I HAD all the power options..

lol, I cant even find a replacement door panel cause none of them have the hole for the crank

My sig says "base" for a reason!

(forgive me, I haven't cleaned it in 2 mos)
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L