Skip to main content
Topic: We need a new rule..... (Read 2618 times) previous topic - next topic

We need a new rule.....

Reply #15
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;239466
It would be common courtesy to post the outcome, especially if the original poster was asking for advice, help or suggestions...

THAT was the whole point of it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

We need a new rule.....

Reply #16
Quote from: vinnietbird;239461
Bob,that's kind of what I was talking about,but,no "Vinnie law".LOL.

Brian,I agree with your sarcasm.No arguements were intended,and as i stated,I meant it "lightly" when I posted the thread.

My point,finish what we start.

you sure? "vinnie law" has a nice ring to it lol :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We need a new rule.....

Reply #17
my project will never be finished
my car is in the process of sheding all its parts
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

We need a new rule.....

Reply #18
The "Vinnie law". I second that.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

We need a new rule.....

Reply #19
Not pointing fingers at anyone, including you, Vinnie.  I just think it's funny when a topic like this can actually start to escalate into "fightin' words".  I couldn't help but chime in.

We need a new rule.....

Reply #20
Brian,I knew exactly what you meant.....and agree.

On another note,"Vinnie's Law" really does have a nice ring to it,come to think of it.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

We need a new rule.....

Reply #21
I'd like to add Jeremy's corollary.

If you add pictures to a thread, refer to them by post number, not page number.

Instead of:
I suck at the internets (pics on page 10)
Do this:
I suck at the internets (pics in post 94)

The forum default is 10 posts per page. Viewing 10 posts at a time makes my head want to explode. I have my options set to 'view 40 posts per page'. Referencing a nonconstant is just silly (to put it nicely).

We need a new rule.....

Reply #22
Quote from: JeremyB;239493
I'd like to add Jeremy's corollary.

If you add pictures to a thread, refer to them by post number, not page number.

Instead of:
I suck at the internets (pics on page 10)
Do this:
I suck at the internets (pics in post 94)

The forum default is 10 posts per page. Viewing 10 posts at a time makes my head want to explode. I have my options set to 'view 40 posts per page'. Referencing a nonconstant is just silly (to put it nicely).

:banana:FINALLY!  Thank you.  I'm set to 40 per page as well.  I'm glad someone finally mentioned it.

We need a new rule.....

Reply #23
I thought that only newbs kept the 10 post per page thing...
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

We need a new rule.....

Reply #24
Jeremy B,
I like your idea and the up and comming "Vinnie" law, but how do we implement them without getting people mad...

Hey! My post were at 10 per page, I couldn't ever figure out how to change it.. What else do only "newbs" do? lol I don't want to be a newb anymore.

We need a new rule.....

Reply #25
I'm starting to watch my back.Most laws are started after someone gets killed.LOL.

We need a new rule.....

Reply #26
LOL
As crazy as it may be, it does sound like a good idea.
As for the the ''Vinnie's Law'' name. at least we know who to blame if it doesn't work. LOL... J/K

Think of it as forum etiquette. I've found a lot of posts that also had no end or explanation for what was started.
That was my main reason for making the door weatherstripping post. I was trying to do a complete start to finish of a project. And as Dominator said, he did a complete motor ''step by step'' swap. (which I clearly remember last year) which has gotten lost forever it the thousands of posts since. Personally, I think that post should have been stickied. (just my opinion) Didn't mean to change the subject.
I'm all for organization and making things easier.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

We need a new rule.....

Reply #27
I have acess to three cougars..... My mom has my 88 xr7 that has the idle problem....my girlfriend has the 88 ls 3.8.... and my buddy currently has my 93 xr7 3.8l..... i dont have the time to take care of the three at the same time and the 88 xr7 is kinda far from me... its still runnng bad but still havent made it there to try the no belt test...and i also dont have acess to a computer everyday so it kinda takes me a while to get back to topics..
              Other posts im usually asking hypothetical questions... like my widebody thread and the tbird nose thread..... On the other hand i only 19 and dont know a lot of the more technical aspects of our cars... or abbriviations... im just learning as i go and come to the forums for help as i need it.. i always appriciate the help and i try my best to help others.
          AS for "vinnies law" i say nay,,, it should be common courtesy for people to make things easier for others.. if they dont than o well ....... but this is definately not a "fight worthy" topic either. Were all allowed to post our opinions and it was just an opinion in the first place>
      VINN I WOULDNT BE THAT WORRIED FROM WHAT IVE SEEN YOURE ALRIGHT!
    Later guys.... Walt
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

We need a new rule.....

Reply #28
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;239466
It would be common courtesy to post the outcome, especially if the original poster was asking for advice, help or suggestions...

Tom
We've been down this road before,,,

Vinnie
Please click on the below link to see those following the rule already in place.  A few years ago i suggested that if you figured out your issue or solved your problem,,,
-edit your original post in "advanced mode" and insert the word "SOLVED" in the title.

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/search.php?searchid=385961
the above was obtained by
-click on search
-go advanced
-search for key words in title only

Many people do not know about this rule but it does exist.

We all agreed to this on the old ez board before the swtch to this one.

We need a new rule.....

Reply #29
Many people do not know about this rule but it does exist.
We all agreed to this on the old ez board before the swtch to this one.

While that may be true, how many people who post on a regular basis (or irregular for that matter) have joined since the switch and never saw the Sleezyboard forum?

Also, FWIW, I was on the old board and I do not remember that.  I do remember it being suggested here (never set in stone) and thought it was a good idea.

Quote from: Jeremy B
I have my options set to 'view 40 posts per page'. Referencing a nonconstant is just silly (to put it nicely).

+1  If I could set it to 50 I would.

The "Commandments" for the board are as follows:

Please post your message in the most appropriate forum. In other words, please don't post your car for sale in the tech section or something like that. I don't want to have to resort to moving threads around like they do in those other boards, but if it gets out of hand I will.

Please keep the profanity to a minimum. We're mostly mature adults here, but some people get offended by profanity. My mother visits this board occasionally and she hates the F-word, so right off it's banned. If other words are abused (like "Chevy" or "Camaro"... just kidding, OldRaven) they will be blacklisted as well.

There will be absolutely no nudity tolerated in any image, whether it is hosted on your server or ours. Our web host has a strict no-nudes policy and we honour it. Scantily-clad women in your avatars are included in the ban if they are offensive.

Racism, discrimination, shagism, name-calling and any other offensive behaviour will not be tolerated. While we hope that everyone would honour this out of decency I thought it should have been mentioned anyway.

Spammers will be treated even worse than perpetrators of racism or discrimination. If you join this board just to post spam, links to spam, or links to offensive websites (including websites that intentionally try to damage people's computers) your post, and your account, will be deleted as soon as I become aware of it.

Finally, while Eric and I assume no responsibility for the contents of any thread posted within this messageboard, we do reserve the right to edit, move, lock or delete any thread at our sole discretion. This is not likely to happen if the spirit of the old board carries over, but if the situation ever arises you've been informed.

Ultimately it's up to our admins/mods to decide what to add and how to modify these commandments, if at all. 

On a side note, looks like Vinnie broke rule #1 :hick:

[SIZE="1"]Hint, Hint Fox T-Bird/Cougar Forums > Computer Stuff 
 Sig tests, site suggestions, etc  LOL![/SIZE]
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!