Skip to main content
Topic: We need a new rule..... (Read 2621 times) previous topic - next topic

We need a new rule.....

We need a new official rule around here.If it's not followed,some kind of punishment should be handed down.ANY time a member posts a thread on swapping parts,fixing a problem or whatever,we need the story to have an end.Too many times people say (for example),"hey,I'm bolting on a set of new heads,here are some pics",then,too many times we're left wondering what happened.Am I right?If we take the time to make the thread,respond to those posting,and post the results of the project to which the thread was posted.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

We need a new rule.....

Reply #1
Good luck with that... I'd be more inclined to just not post in the first place since I know I'd take 6 months to finish, be hung up for money for another 6 and then the "ending puppiess" would be after me. :beatyoass:

Better just send the OP a PM and ask how it came out.... betcha 9 of 10 never finished the project or it's on hold for some reason a year later.

We need a new rule.....

Reply #2
Who cares?  it is their project and their concern....  if you are that worried about it getting done, get over to the guys place and help them do it.....

if we were going to punish someone for not finishing a project your ass would have been booted along time ago, :evilgrin:  yes I know you are still working on it, but you have been working on it for how long?  and it still needs paint?  see the point Im making....  Now a days everyone is strapped for cash and projects move slower then people like.  So why even mention punishing someone for that, when them having their car in that state, for so long, is punish enough for them...

We need a new rule.....

Reply #3
I propose the "Memorial Tweak Vinnie Forum" wherein people only post projects that aren't finished.

That said, Vinnie I feel your pain.  That's why I try to only post stuff when I'm at a reasonable milestone.  Now, if I start posting about stuff when I'm not even close, will that tempt you into driving down here to help me wrench?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We need a new rule.....

Reply #4
Hence the reason any of my tech questions have been updated as solved in the thread title...

I propose the "Memorial Tweak Vinnie Forum" wherein people only post projects that aren't finished.

No No No....  you post, then finish and forget to update :hick:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

We need a new rule.....

Reply #5
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;239402
Who cares?  it is their project and their concern....  if you are that worried about it getting done, get over to the guys place and help them do it.....

I wasn't THAT serious,and I am NOT worried.........at all.AND,if any of you guys were near me,I'd be more than glad to help.I think I'm all alone down here in Oklahoma.I meant by the post,that it's nice to hear updates and see an end to a story.......even if it takes a while.The punishment part of the post was also not serious.It's hard to type the tone of one's voice when doing these posts.Just assume I'm talking mildly,and with a good tone.I'm an easy going,easy to get along with kind of guy.You should all know that by now.I shouldn't have to tell you at this point in our relationship.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

We need a new rule.....

Reply #6
I sorta updated mine for you... Hope Im not the whole reason for the thread...
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

We need a new rule.....

Reply #7
LOL
OK, I'll get back to work on the car.
I don't want you to come here and slap me in the head for not updating the project. LOL

BTW... how's the car coming?
bodywork now?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

We need a new rule.....

Reply #8
Quote from: vinnietbird;239388
We need a new official rule around here.If it's not followed,some kind of punishment should be handed down.ANY time a member posts a thread on swapping parts,fixing a problem or whatever,we need the story to have an end. 

practice what you preach man!

We need a new rule.....

Reply #9
I posted about the doors and fenders and finished the story.This thread actually had no particular individual in mind,just our group as a whole.I do try to practice what I preach.

We need a new rule.....

Reply #10
I think I know what you mean Vinnie.  I was searching for a part number on the corral couple months ago, I finally found a thread on someone looking for the same part number from like 2005. Well it had 2 posts 1st post by him looking for it and the second post by him saying he found it and nevermind. I was like wtf why not put it in that second post so people searching can have it too. LOL

Same thing when people have problems, they come back and say nevermind I fixed it. Even if its a simple problem we all would learn from the mistake.

So if you post a thread asking for help and involve everyone with your problem than you have to post the conclusion when you fix it? Is that the "vinnie law" your talking about?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We need a new rule.....

Reply #11
Yay let's fight about it!

We need a new rule.....

Reply #12
Bob,that's kind of what I was talking about,but,no "Vinnie law".LOL.

Brian,I agree with your sarcasm.No arguements were intended,and as i stated,I meant it "lightly" when I posted the thread.

My point,finish what we start.

We need a new rule.....

Reply #13
Quote from: Ifixyawata;239459
Yay let's fight about it!

:rollin:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

We need a new rule.....

Reply #14
It would be common courtesy to post the outcome, especially if the original poster was asking for advice, help or suggestions...