Skip to main content
Topic: $8 VIN reports (Read 983 times) previous topic - next topic

$8 VIN reports

Instead of paying $20-30 for one VIN report or $5 more for one month unlimited, I figured out a way to pay $8 for one report.  It's through Ebay and you have to be a member (free).

If you find a car and want to run a VIN check, you go to Ebay and find any car for sale that has a VIN listed in the details.  The VIN listed is a link to Autocheck.  When you click it it takes you to autocheck and offers the information on the Ebay vehicle for $8. HOWEVER, if you go to the address bar of your browser, you'll also see the VIN buried in the website address.  So if you take the VIN you want to check and use it to replace the VIN from ebay in the address bar and hit enter, Autocheck now offers to run your vehicle for $8.

I just successfully did this and it worked like a charm.

An update - this needs to be done in old ebay format, which you can get to by a link at the top of the page.  OR.... try doing the substitute to this link.

http://www.autocheck.com/?utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=partner&utm_source=Ebay&nf=4&WT.mc_id=204&siteID=204&vin=1GYFK66838R179947

$8 VIN reports

Reply #1
Cool...:D A little devious, but I like it...

$8 VIN reports

Reply #3
, that's smooth!

$8 VIN reports

Reply #4
They are now $10.  Still works with the link above.