Skip to main content
Topic: The New D/D, Dialup Beware (Read 1945 times) previous topic - next topic

The New D/D, Dialup Beware

It's big, It's blue and I'll be taking possession in the couple of weeks.:D :D :evilgrin:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #1
Sweeeeet, what mods does it have?  :D

Reply #2
What year Bird is that?LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
Turn Up The Boost!!!

Reply #4
its a hooker motel!
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #5
Quote from: 32VFoxBird;238412
its a hooker motel!

u mean lot lizard lay over

Reply #6
Currently no mods :( 
This is the new 2009 model Bird 455hp/1850 Trq, 13 spd, 3:55 rears, 20-30 psi boost, And a very respectable 8-11 mpg.
Nope, no lot lizards, recreational reptiles or happy hookers will get near this thing
any of the above mentioned --> :flame: <--- Me or the wife, whoever reaches it first.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #7
Sweet. Gets better mileage than my old 4-cylinder Cherokee, too :hick:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #8
Quote from: 1BadBird;238419
Currently no mods :( 
This is the new 2009 model Bird 455hp/1850 Trq, 13 spd, 3:55 rears, 20-30 psi boost, And a very respectable 8-11 mpg.
Nope, no lot lizards, recreational reptiles or happy hookers will get near this thing
any of the above mentioned --> :flame: <--- Me or the wife, whoever reaches it first.

What engine does that thing have?
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #9
8-11 mpg as it sits,put a load behind that then will see.
Nice ride though.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #10
Crank the bewzt!!!
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #11
It has a 60 series Detroit 14 Ltr.

And that MPG is with 70k+ lbs gvw. Of course, the lighter the load, the better the MPG.  You won't ever see that kind of mileage out of a Cat engine.  I didn't believe the mileage either but the Head of maintenence brought in several mileage reports pulled directly from the engine computers with varying milages from 8.5 - 9.0 mpg and a few near the 11 mpg mark to a safety/training meeting about a month ago.  I imagine those getting the higher mileages are pulling Wal-Mart trailers as those are hardly ever real heavy.

Heck.....these things are even equipped with a catyltic convert and an exhaust/regenerate system that makes it very important not to park under any kind of awning or on grass with the egine running as the exhaust reaches 1000 degrees after the cat when it cycles.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #12
Quote from: 1BadBird;238559

Heck.....these things are even equipped with a catyltic convert and an exhaust/regenerate system that makes it very important not to park under any kind of awning or on grass with the egine running as the exhaust reaches 1000 degrees after the cat when it cycles.

Talk about Global warming... LOL. This guy came in my work that works on trucks and was telling me with the new stuff they are coming up with the exhaust will be cleaner than the air coming in the motor. He was a little drunk too i think, or crazy.

Hope its comfortable. How long are your hauls?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #13
It's supposed to be the quietest Freightliner built to date. I've heard them go by at the yard and man are they ever quiet!! I've yet to test drive one though to just how quiet they are on the inside, but climbing around in my truck that's getting lettered, liscensed, and qualcomm (which talks) installed, it should be REAL comfortable. I'm going to be spoiled  :D  It has cruise, jake brake, and stero controls in the steering wheel and they finally put self-cancelling turn signals in!

Well they do come "Certified Clean Idle" from California :mullet:
The runs vary, but if I can work it...... I'll be running from a west suburb of Chicago to Cali and back about twice a week. And yes, that is with a co-driver.:hick:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #14
looks nice. I bet it will beat being a driving instructor ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.