Skip to main content
Topic: Ruh-Roh! Nissan GT-R haters come hither! Porsche is on your side! (Read 1582 times) previous topic - next topic

Ruh-Roh! Nissan GT-R haters come hither! Porsche is on your side!

http://carsguide.news.com.au/site/motoring-news/story/porsche_accuses_nissan_of_cheating_at_nurburgring/?referrer=email

Personally this doesn't matter to me. It's quick and it looks like ass and it's an import so nothing influences my opinion either way I'd still never hit it. ;)  BUT apparently Porshce is saying they tested one themselves and can't come within 25 seconds of Nissan's time on the 'ring.

Discuss/fight/flame/nuke/etc
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #1
Thats funny as hell and i personally love the look of the car its shagy.

Reply #2
The R35 is waaaaaaay too bulky.  It dwarfs the old skylines.  I'd take an R32 any day of the week though.

Reply #3
THOSE are pretty cool.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #4
R 32 would be narsty
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #5
R34 Looks the best
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #6
Meh....I dunno in the end............wait for it.....wait for it.....ITS STILL JUST A DANG OL SIX SHOOTER! :hick: :shakeass: :rollin:

Reply #7
But an impressively strong six shooter

Reply #8
I wouldn't hate on the VQ in any way shape or form. Especially a twin turbo VQ (why no turbo love for the Z?). I do, however, think that any car, a super high performance car to boot, that needs its transmission replaced after only 15 launches ON AVERAGE is a POS. (Nissan tells new owners to not expect the transmission to last any longer than 15 launches using the launch control FEATURE) I also hate a car with a black box that will void your warranty if you use the car AS INTENDED! If it had a blue oval or bowtie on it, it would be a world class POS, but no, it's just a car made for only those who can afford to fix it (I guess Nissan hasn't ever heard of BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus, blah, blah, blah).

I officially do not like this car.

Reply #9
Quote from: oldraven;237845
I wouldn't hate on the VQ in any way shape or form. Especially a twin turbo VQ (why no turbo love for the Z?). I do, however, think that any car, a super high performance car to boot, that needs its transmission replaced after only 15 launches ON AVERAGE is a POS. (Nissan tells new owners to not expect the transmission to last any longer than 15 launches using the launch control FEATURE) I also hate a car with a black box that will void your warranty if you use the car AS INTENDED! If it had a blue oval or bowtie on it, it would be a world class POS, but no, it's just a car made for only those who can afford to fix it (I guess Nissan hasn't ever heard of BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus, blah, blah, blah).

I officially do not like this car.

HOLY  I totally forgot about that! Yeah if you use a FEATURE of the car as it was intended bye-bye to your warranty. Sweet!

Reply #11
Wow. That would piss a fullow off! But you should never trust a man with a beard this bad.

Reply #12
Wow that is some total bull. Funny that they got their jobs lost over someting like this but Bull none the less.

Reply #13
The GT-R is probably the best/fastest car you can get in that price range hands down. I mean fastest from 0-60 and around the track.
Also, Every GT-R engine is handmade so horsepower levels vary by about 20-30 HP. I would love to have one, Nissan did a great job!

also let me quote

What about all of the INDEPENDENT tests from automotive magazines and sources from Europe, Asia, and America in which the GT-R has always beaten the 911 turbo on the tracks? Are we to ignore all of them? LOL!
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #14
What about all of the INDEPENDENT tests from automotive magazines and sources from Europe, Asia, and America in which the GT-R has always beaten the 911 turbo on the tracks? Are we to ignore all of them? LOL!

It's been speculated that the press cars given to car magazines have been "ringers"

Wouldn't be the first time something of that nature has happened...
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!