Skip to main content
Topic: Got a lil bored today so i..... (Read 2336 times) previous topic - next topic

Got a lil bored today so i.....

decided to two tone the turbo coupe

that duplicolor ready to spray stuff is not too bad

needs to be sanded and 2 more coats of clear  then itll be good

ill take some day pics soon

Reply #1
looks good....  is that spray bomb?  or did you actually spray it?  cant wait to see day pics...

Reply #2
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;235938
looks good.... is that spray bomb? or did you actually spray it? cant wait to see day pics...

If it's spray cans,wow how many was it?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #3
didn't know they had it in regular cans.
but I guess they do on their site
 I once prayed the side of my car (not this one) using duplicolor.
1 fender took a couple cans but it came out almost factory looking
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #4
it is the new duplicolor paint shop  it comes in quarts ready to spray it took two quarts of red  the black is factory paint

but now u can see in the day  it needs more clear!

Reply #5
Very sharp!! :burnout:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #6
what gun are you using?
do you reduce it to paint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #8
Looks good! I dont like red and black or blue and black but that doesnt look too bad at all
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #9
I think it looks good man.  Diggin' the wheel/tire combo too.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #10
looks cool! Trick or Treat!!
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Reply #11
That's not my first choice of colors, but I think you did a nice job on where to two tone it. Please post up some more pics when you get some more clear on it. I have to be honest, even though I'm not really a fan of orange, I'm liking it. Pretty cool.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #12
yea u should have reduced it.it only took me less than a qurt do the black on robins car....if u have any orange peel in there ud be surprised what a wet sand would do .clear it again and then wet sand and buff.and ull be good ...it looks great by the way
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
You should respray the factory red stripe on the rubber molding to match the top. I think that it would bring it together nicely. It's hard to pull off a red and black two tone and have it look right. Maybe even paint the red stipe black and use a silver pin-stripe to break the red and black. One or the other, just my opinion. I like it, though. I want a set of wheels like that for strip use. If I could ever find time to do some real racing.
GT40p 5.0 w/ vortech @ 9.5psi, 400rwhp

Reply #14
Quote from: 86elan;236003
You should respray the factory red stripe on the rubber molding to match the top. I think that it would bring it together nicely. It's hard to pull off a red and black two tone and have it look right. Maybe even paint the red stipe black and use a silver pin-stripe to break the red and black. One or the other, just my opinion. I like it, though. I want a set of wheels like that for strip use. If I could ever find time to do some real racing.

Yea thats crazy cuz thats what i plan on doin  the bottom stripe is goin black and i ordered a silver metallic stripe for the line!!    thanks everyone for the comments