Skip to main content
Topic: New Bird...... (Read 2289 times) previous topic - next topic

New Bird......

..My dad bought this '88 Tbird Sport brand new, I got it off him for a very good price. Needs a little tlc, but I think it has potential. Took these pics, while I was swithing my turbines over to the 'bird.:burnout:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

New Bird......

Reply #1
some more pics....
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

New Bird......

Reply #2
not bad
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

New Bird......

Reply #3
I like the body kit. Its alittle different how it squares off the end of the back bumper... but it looks pretty good overall.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

New Bird......

Reply #4
Looks pretty good.

You could get a buttstuffog cluster in those cars??
Mike

New Bird......

Reply #5
Dowh...double post
Mike

New Bird......

Reply #6
Sweet. What are your plans for it?
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

New Bird......

Reply #7
Quote from: mcb82gt;235370
Looks pretty good.

You could get a buttstuffog cluster in those cars??

Standard on the '88 Sports. :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

New Bird......

Reply #8
Quote from: Ether947;235374
Sweet. What are your plans for it?

Just my little fun toy, something to play around with. :burnout:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

New Bird......

Reply #9
Nice car.It's 10 times better then the salvage car I started with......and I'm STILL working on.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

New Bird......

Reply #10
I like that love making rug you got there... LOL. Looks like a good start. Hows the rust? All I saw was on the fenders.
1986 Cougar LS

New Bird......

Reply #11
Arrghhhh duplicate...

New Bird......

Reply #12
Quote from: cougar86_89;235399
Hows the rust? All I saw was on the fenders.

What's this word rust I keep seeing you northern guys mention???

BTW the ground effects, look good... Had a '87 TC about a dozen years ago that I believe had the same ones...

New Bird......

Reply #13
Quote from: cougar86_89;235399
I like that love making rug you got there... LOL. Looks like a good start. Hows the rust? All I saw was on the fenders.

Well, not too much, gonna need doors though :punchballs: .
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

New Bird......

Reply #14
Quote from: cougarman;235419
Well, not too much, gonna need doors though :punchballs: .

Whats going on with the 20ths doors?
1986 Cougar LS