Skip to main content
Topic: Source for lightbulb in premium radio? (Read 1269 times) previous topic - next topic

Source for lightbulb in premium radio?

I have two of these radios and both of the bulbs are burnt out.  Has anyone found a replacement source?
One 88

Reply #1
I've never really looked, as I've never kept a stock radio longer than a day or so, but have you tried electronic component stores? The bulbs are likely soldered in, so they wouldn't be considered user-serviceable, meaning off-the shelf replacements are probably not available, but an electronic component store should be able to hook you up.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #2
They used to be servicable.  I know they were an off-the-shelf item from Ford a while back.  I know I remember swapping one out in one of the cars, but it's been a LONG time.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #3
The last one I got before going to a CD player (which you really should do) was from Autozone,although it's been a few years.Maybe a stereo shop that does installations of sound equipment.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
Duplicate... WTF up with the board???

Reply #5
If you mean the back light for the frequency display, I believe it has a unobtanium number... BUT a #37 works just fine(same as lights the lower part of the dash)...

The earlier premium radios used a fluorescent display, if you need to replace one of those, well lets say you're :bangford:

Reply #7
If what tom means by "lower part of the dash" is what i think it is,,,,,,,,,

then the bulb that lights up the headlamp switch area lower left are available by the bag at napa.

Reply #8
The backlight on my premium radio display is intermitent - which is pretty common. Anybody know how to get it working full-time?
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #9
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;234730
If you mean the back light for the frequency display, I believe it has a unobtanium number... BUT a #37 works just fine(same as lights the lower part of the dash)...

The earlier premium radios used a fluorescent display, if you need to replace one of those, well lets say you're :bangford:

Cool that would be the one I'm talking about.

Quote from: vinnietbird;234728
The last one I got before going to a CD player (which you really should do) was from Autozone,although it's been a few years.Maybe a stereo shop that does installations of sound equipment.

I barely listen to the radio as it is. The car is a factory premium sound car and I've recently gotten all the remaining parts I needed to get it to work. The amp, replacement pigtails and an EQ that has the button broken but stuck on not off.  I'm doing this more to have it all stock and back to new condition.  Pretty much there now.
One 88