Skip to main content
Topic: Need Help With Pullie Setup..plz (Read 1367 times) previous topic - next topic

Need Help With Pullie Setup..plz

Have a older 302 but have a belt tensioner and pullies from 88, is there diagrams on how this works ,or how the setup is done? im lost and could use alot of help,, thanks guys for any pics or help.. PICS would be great!!  ty

Re: Need Help With Pullie Setup..plz

Reply #1
do you have a Haynes or Chilton Manual? if not i'll try to get some pics scanned and uploaded.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #2
neither.. have nothing to go off of.. any help.. thnx

Reply #3

there yah go! make sure you save that to your system. i have a bad habit of moving things around on my server. ^_^
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #4
thanks bud

Reply #5
Does your older 302's water pump rotate in the same way as the newer styles?
If not then you would have to route the belt differently.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #6
Serpentine belts rotate the water pump counter-clockwise.
V-belts rotate the water pump clockwise.
Crankshaft moves in a clockwise motion.

Reply #7
Reverse rotation waterpump.My engine is a '69 with all of the '88 accessories on it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #8
thanks guys for all your help,, motor running sweet