Skip to main content
Topic: Time to crank up the boost.... (Read 1681 times) previous topic - next topic

Time to crank up the boost....

First 2009 Corvette ZR1 Delivered to Million Dollar Bidder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9NnIUYzkq8&feature=related
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #1
While the zr1 is a solid performer it is in no way worth anywhere close to 1 000 000 dollars(can't believe what some people with money will dish out just because they can).
I could turn up the boost to 20psi(or higher) as could you(and some others) and risk all my hard work to come close to the zr1 or viper but why would i bother(for a big ticket and jail time,no thanks)?
They got nothing on me since i only spent about 1/100th what they did and have almost as much power and way better looks(my opinion) than they ever will.
Hell for less than 100 000 you could build a stang to out perform and out handle a zr1 or viper easily.

Reply #2
It's the first one.  That dude paid for the bragging rights of having the first one.  Speculators have been saying it will be $100k.
I prefer other cars looks over the 'Vette, but that's not to say I don't like it's looks. 

Besides, 620 HP, $100k, cornering ability we'll never touch unless you basically rebuild the car from scratch low 11's (10's with D/R's or slicks) and a top out at 200 MPH+  ALL WITH A WARRANTY!

And who said anything about a ticket/jailtime/illegal stuff?  Wondering where that came from?
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #3
The ticket comes from me throwing 600hp into the bird(not gonna happen)and going up against a zr1 on the street,that's where that comes from.
And for well under 100k you don't think it's possible to build a higher hp better handling car(i do), look at fastcat's cougar,faster than the zr1 in the 1/4 to be sure and well under 100k price tag.
Does it handle like the vette(no way) but could be made to handle very well if some good cash and lots of time where thrown at it.
I have no respect for a guy who (again just because he has it)goes out and blows a million dollars on a 100 000 dollar car(rare paint job or not) just so he can say look what i have.
If bragging rights cost one million dollars count me out, way out, as in out of this world.

Reply #4
ahhh well, at least a charity is $900,000.00 better off....

My thought is....if you can blow a mill on a car...then go ahead...who am I to argue. :flip:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #5
The ticket comes from me throwing 600hp into the bird(not gonna happen)and going up against a zr1 on the street,that's where that comes from.

There's this thing called a track.....They're all over the place.....

And for well under 100k you don't think it's possible to build a higher hp better handling car(i do), look at fastcat's cougar,faster than the zr1 in the 1/4 to be sure and well under 100k price tag.

With a WARRANTY?  No, I don't.....I can build a 10 second car for $10k, but it won't have a warranty and all the brand new creature comforts that the ZR-1 does.  If something breaks on the 10k car I gotta pay for parts and do the work myself.  Believe me a warantee goes a long way for some people.  It's nice knowing that if something goes wrong on your car you can drop it off and get it fixed....if you bitch enough:evilgrin: It's also nice knowing the car used as your child's primary mode of transport is reliable AND there is a backup plan (loaner) just in case.

To add,  I've added about 130+ RWHP to my Mustang.  The service manager at the dealership I bought the car from has seen the car with all it's mods and hasn't said a  thing.  I'm still under warranty (although I may have an issue if I throw a rod, LOL)
I'm sure GM has already thought of ways to add 75+ hp from factory endorsed parts that will keep the warantee (if they are dealer installed most likely)

Does it handle like the vette(no way) but could be made to handle very well if some good cash and lots of time where thrown at it.

And how much cash would that time and labor be  to the average person who doesn't really work on their own car and would have to pay to get that kind of work done?

I have no respect for a guy who (again just because he has it)goes out and blows a million dollars on a 100 000 dollar car(rare paint job or not) just so he can say look what i have.
If bragging rights cost one million dollars count me out, way out, as in out of this world.

You missed the point which was that  they (the ZR-1's) are here.  I've been debating on getting the intercooler and turning up the wick for a while.  Figured it made an interesting thread title.
BTW --the first Shelby rental went for ridiculous money too.  Paying an astronomical premium to have something first is nothing new.  Would I do it?  No, but I'm not gonna count myself out of this world because of it either.

Reply #6
Believe me i've heard of tracks,am i always on one no so sometimes,not often i happens on the street,nuff said.
If you put new parts on your car(most would if spending good money to build one)then yes the parts would be warranty(not the labour but so).
No i understood the point,the viper acr's are here as well as are the lambo's and ferrari's and every other super car,no big deal to me.

Reply #7
Believe me i've heard of tracks,am i always on one no so sometimes,not often i happens on the street,nuff said.

Your first inclination was to suggest a street race.  Mine was the track.  Go figure.  Nuff said.

If you put new parts on your car(most would if spending good money to build one)then yes the parts would be warranty(not the labour but so).

I'm sure Jay Allen would disagree with you.  He will not warranty a cam you (as in not a shop of some sort) put in a motor.  The same holds true for many aftermarket part suppliers.

Reply #8
That's the first one....ever.There will only be one "first",and it'll probably be a historical car one day.I can say I wouldn't pay that kind of money,but,if I were able to have pockets that deep,and a million bucks was just a small sum of money in my world,who knows.It's easy to say what we would or wouldn't do in situations we'll never be a part of,or get to live with.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #9
Quote from: dominator;233223
And for well under 100k you don't think it's possible to build a higher hp better handling car(i do), look at fastcat's cougar.

And at the end of the day its still a cougar.

Same can be said for a toyota prius. Believe it or not with enough time/money thrown at it im sure it could handle with a zr1 to.

Maybe the guy who bought it will read your post and regret buying the very first zr1.

Naw, on second thought im sure he won't give a sh*t what anyone on some thunderbird forum thinks. I know i wouldn't if i was him.

:flame:
:birdsmily:

2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Reply #10
Quote from: vinnietbird;233279
That's the first one....ever.There will only be one "first",and it'll probably be a historical car one day.I can say I wouldn't pay that kind of money,but,if I were able to have pockets that deep,and a million bucks was just a small sum of money in my world,who knows.It's easy to say what we would or wouldn't do in situations we'll never be a part of,or get to live with.

but it will have no history. Other Firsts have a hreat history story this one will be, Yeah he bought it for a mil, sat in a show room, here it is.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #11
I would think it's a little early to say it will have no history.A car doesn't have to be driven to be a historical car.There are quite a few ultra low mileage cars out there that were stored away and are in automotive history.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #12
All I wanna know is...just exactly WTF is a "warantee"?

:hick:

Warranty, perhaps?...
And to be blunt, I doubt the dude bought the ZR1 for it's warranty. ;)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #13
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;233349
All I wanna know is...just exactly WTF is a "warantee"?

:hick:

Warranty, perhaps?...
And to be blunt, I doubt the dude bought the ZR1 for it's warranty. ;)

A good portion of the 1 million dollars went to a charity.

The warranty was just a bonus.

2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Reply #14
Quote from: cougar86_89;233317
but it will have no history. Other Firsts have a hreat history story this one will be, Yeah he bought it for a mil, sat in a show room, here it is.

Thats funny, the car seems to already have a history. Sold at the Florida Barret Jackson auction if im not mistaken. It is the very first one sold and built for the public, A majority of its profits were given to charity. Thats a history is it not?