Skip to main content
Topic: computer chips (Read 921 times) previous topic - next topic

computer chips

can any one explain to me some basic info about computer chips and were  can i get one for a 87 tbird with a 5.0
Whats the whole idea of one

Re: computer chips

Reply #1
Dunno bout older comps, but i know newer ones have speed limiters rev limiters and ect ect, chips take those off and can program it to give more fuel and such for more hp/tq since most computers arent dumping the most fuel it can since economy is a big thing now. i have no clue where to get them try searching google.

If im wrong please correct me

Reply #2
To the extent of my knowledge you can't replace the computer chips in an EEC IV.

Reply #3
http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=17

If you look throught the list it will tell you which can and can't use a chip. They will say "see note 1" behind them. It doesn't look like the t-bird and cougars can but if you have swapped a mustang computer in it looks as if you can.

Reply #4
If you use a Mustang computer,you'll have to have the 351 firing order.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..