Skip to main content
Topic: HID lights? (Read 719 times) previous topic - next topic

HID lights?

i have HID light conversion on my GTP and its a huge difference in brightness. i was just wondering if anybody has heard anything about if they make the conversion kit for our cars.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

HID lights?

Reply #1
Ya I got a cheap set from Auto Zone for 15 bucks all it is is a splice and plug it is mad so u can run over 55 watt bulbs  had a set on my mustang and people were asking were I got the kit from and when I told them what it was and how much it costed they were impressed I ran APC HID bulbs from Advance. all toghter I payed bout 45 bucks for everything.

HID lights?

Reply #3
No you didn't get a cheap kit from autozone.
You got regular bulbs colored to look like hid's not an hid kit,please research before you post(this is why you had a big red bar).
The actual hid kit's with the balast's and 35 watt bulbs can be had on ebay for 80.00 shipped for a 9004 kit with low beams only(you will loose high beam functionality with this kit)There is a more expensive dual beam kit but i can't remember the price..
Just search 9004 hid.