Skip to main content
Topic: WTB:: dash (Read 417 times) previous topic - next topic

WTB:: dash

my dash in my car is all cracked up. the person before didnt take care of it at all and it just looks like . im looing for a grey color
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #1
u can just get a dash cap for it. i dont remember the link but they are like 100 to 150 for them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
88 5.0L aod with duel flowmaster and speedo mod
88 5.0L H.O with 5 speed R.I.P
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10
96 bronco xl 5.0L 5 speed man4x4
:birdsmily:

Reply #2
Finding a dash without cracks is going to be like finding lost treasure,and,if you find one at a salvage yard or wherever,it's probably going to be only a matter of time before it cracks as well.Go with the dash cap.They are on Ebay.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
thanks Vbelisle! so that thing just fits over me cracked one and looks the same pretty much?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #5
Quote from: quicksilver;232449
thanks Vbelisle! so that thing just fits over me cracked one and looks the same pretty much?

Thats what they are supposed to do, i have not bought one yet

Reply #6
I had one on my '87, you couldn't even tell it was there.

Reply #7
It does require some patience to trim it just right to fit like it should.You need to trim it really slowly,because if you cut (trim) too much,there's no going back and fixing it.I trimmed mine with an exacto knife and sandpaper.Very nice.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..