Skip to main content
Topic: Por 15 (Read 1466 times) previous topic - next topic

Por 15

Well,  After CONSTANTLY re-priming and painting this spot inside my right rear wheelwell every six months, I decided to to sand it down and use generous amounts of POR 15.
    The spot was never big (about the size of a dime) and never amounted to anything more than surface rust.  I'm gonna paint it over today with some touch up that I got from the body shop that redid my car 3 years ago.
    My question is this.  Anybody have any experience with POR 15 and if so how do you like it?  I'd like to know if I'm gonna have to redo this spot again in another six months.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Re: Por 15

Reply #1
Never used the stuff myself but i've read enough to know that i'm buying a gallon when I get around to working on my Zephyr, heres a few threads on the stuff. Basically clean it up with a wire brush, slop it on, and forget about it.
click
me
Oh
yeah!
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Re: Por 15

Reply #2
I used POR-15 on a junkyard fuel filler neck that I pulled to replace the rusted out one on my intrepid. I wire brushed all the loose rust off of it and painted it, and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be there years after the rest of the car has rusted away. You could smack the surface with a hammer and the metal would bend before any of the POR would chip off. That stuff is pretty amazing.
The Birdman wouldn't lie!