Skip to main content
Topic: Sensor hole? (Read 667 times) previous topic - next topic

Sensor hole?

Use to be a 302, but now swapping in 351.  GT40 lower.
There is a hole in the intake behind the throttle body.  I can't find any info on what should go there, but I'm thinking a sensor.....which one, don't know.  Any help would be appreciated.
1988 Thunderbird Sport (1st car)
351W in the works
"I'll get it one piece at a time...":D

Quote from: bhazard;300566
You got woman'd.

Sensor hole?

Reply #1
are you talking about the EGR port? you would have to remove the throttle body to see it.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Sensor hole?

Reply #2
I don't know, thats why I'm here. :D
You'd have to take off more that the throttle body for this.  The heater core lines block it too.

Here are some pics with the hole circled.
351W in the works

You got woman'd.

Sensor hole?

Reply #3
Thats for the water line for the egr spacer.
One 88

Sensor hole?

Reply #4
But,that's not a GT40 lower.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Sensor hole?

Reply #5
Quote from: vinnietbird;231367
But,that's not a GT40 lower.

Yeah, the GT40 is on the engine, and I couldnt get a good picture. Thats the stocker.  Same size and place. 
Would it make a difference?
351W in the works

You got woman'd.

Sensor hole?

Reply #6
I blocked mine off, than you need to plug up the port on the black coolant hard line also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sensor hole?

Reply #7
I plugged my water lines to the throttlebody spacer as well.I have never been able to tell a difference.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..