Skip to main content
Topic: For Sale: 83 TC w/ 5.0 Conversion $950 (Read 2238 times) previous topic - next topic

For Sale: 83 TC w/ 5.0 Conversion $950

1983 Turbo Coupe with 5.0 HO conversion.  The car is located in Silver Spring, MD.  New asking price, $950.

I purchased this car almost two years ago from a relative of my wife.  It had been used as a daily driver since the late 90's (about 10 miles per day).  Before that it was owned by my father in law who assisted with the conversion which was done sometime in the mid 1990's.  The 5.0 came out of a low mileage 1987 Mustang GT. 

Since I have had the car I have patched the front floor pans and replaced the entire panel around the bottom of the back glass.  Last winter I pulled the rear and gas tank.  I installed a 190 lph Walbro fuel pump and a new sending unit.  I put new polyurethane bushings in the rear control arms and painted and cleaned the underside of the car.  It has the original 3.42 ration 7.5" rear. 

This spring I pulled the engine.  I put new valve seals and all new gaskets in the engine.  I replaced the water pump, rear main seal, timing chain, and heater hoses.  The engine was very clean inside with no ridge at the top of the cylinders.  I'm not sure but it probably has around  100,000 miles on it.  The engine is completely stock.

I also installed new rear brake lines, hoses, and wheel cylinders.  I replaced the front brake hoses and the master cylinder. 

The car has new carpet, a new headliner, and replacement front seats out of a an 84 Turbo Cougar, new headlights, and a functional power antenna. 

The doors are rusty along the bottom.  I don't think they are usable but I do have two rust free doors (one blue, one green) that go with the car.  The original hood (now gold) is gone as well as the original trunk lid (now baby blue). 

V8 T-5 transmission that won't stay in 3rd gear.  There is an off road H-pipe on the car with no cats.  The lers and tailpipes are stock 5.0 LX units which were taken off of a brand new mustang back in 1990. 

There are various trim pieces which are included but not on the car right now.  The original fog lamps are also included but not on the car. 

The car looks better in pictures than in person.  It had a really nice paint job done years ago but it needs to be done again.  The car is originally white with a gray interior.  The body has somewhere near 115,000 miles as best as I can remember. 

I have a clear title in hand.  PM me with an email address for additional pictures or with questions.  Thanks,

J.

Reply #1
is that price firm?
you have the door panel, console switch plate arm rest and all that correct?
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #2
I'm open to offers however I'm not going to give it away.  Yes, I have the arm rests, door panels, pull straps, and console plate.  The plastic birds have fallen off the door panels but could be glued back on.  I also have the plastic cover for the center of the steering wheel.

Reply #3
Ok
I will talk to my father about it, we are looking at a turbo coupe for 1600 so i dont know whats going to happen yet
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #4
More photos

Reply #5
more....

Reply #6
more....

Reply #7
wow it is clean....
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #8
Nice ride!

It looks familiar......
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #9
bad looking car. I hope you sell it to someone that would take as good of care of it as you have. Good Luck!
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #10
Bump

Reply #11
Time for this car to go.  I just don't have time to finish it.  Asking $1,500.  There is now a World Class, V8, T-5 in the car.  The exhaust is not fully bolted up to the car but is in place.  The steering rack is leaking and should be replaced.  You can email me at jharne09@gmail.com.

Reply #12
New price.  See above.

Reply #13
This car is still for sale.  $1,500 firm.  My login has changed since I first posted this because I lost my password.  I recently put a new steering rack, front calipers, and rotors on the car.  To recap, I pulled the engine two years ago and replaced all the gaskets and seals.  The car has a T-5 out of a 5.0 mustang.  New carpet and headliner.  Front seats are out of a XR7 cougar and do not match the back seat.  New brakes all the way around.  New suspension and bushings all the way around.  I also put 5.0 springs on the car so the front end doesn't sag anymore.  The engine is a bit filthy since I cleaned it up two years ago.  I haven't driven it past the end of the driveway in two years.  The car needs paint and tires.  The A/C will need new o-rings and a dryer.  Tires have flat spots from sitting.  As stated previously,  I have two solid replacement doors for the car.  I have all parts for the interior.  The old pictures show the drivers door panel and center console control plate are missing.  I don't have recent pictures but he car looks the same just a little dirtier.  I just don't have anymore time to devote to this tbird.  I can take extra photos if requested.  You can contact me at jharne09@gmail.com or at 301-455-6455. Car still located in Silver Spring, Maryland.
Thanks,
J.

Reply #14
would you consider trading for a 90 sc? fresh head gaskets, with arp studs, port, valve job, ported blower, 10% pulley, wires/coil?