Skip to main content
Topic: Gas mileage on a Turbo Coupe (Read 2173 times) previous topic - next topic

Gas mileage on a Turbo Coupe

Anyone with a 87/88 Turbo Coupe what yall getting in gas mileage If your stock let me no or if you have any motor mods let me know to cause I have some motor mods and I have never driven mine and I am curiouse on what the MPG is in a Too Cool Turbo Coupe.

Reply #1
25-30mpg city/hwy, pretty stock.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #2
23-24 mixed in mine.
last highway trip got me 28mpg
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #3
I get about 24 mixed driving with a handful of mods.

I blew a headgasket, drove the car 220 miles on the blown headgasket, fixed it, then drove another 120 miles, and still averaged 22mpg.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #4
So I should see bout 22 to 23 city what bout HWY.

Reply #5
expect 18-24 city

25+ freeway with stock gears
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #6
I found that the original EPA ratings pretty accurate, esp for urban driving.  There's a lot of lead in that ass to haul around town.

The very worst mileage I saw (with a proper tune) was about 12 mpg, the best mileage I saw (on the return trip, no less) was a hair over 30 mpg.

I think the 87-88s can do a little better.  The trick with any EEC-equipped car is to stay in closed loop.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #7
Im not getting very good mileage. Maybe 20 combined. I got better in my 3.8l 1988.

Reply #8
what do u mean combined you running regluar and jigh octane gas mix or something.

:shakeass:

Reply #9
Quote from: 88TurboCoupeman01;230897
what do u mean combined you running regluar and jigh octane gas mix or something.

Are you seriously asking this?

Combined mileage means a COMBINATION of city and highway driving....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #10
Well I was just seen if thats what it was or if is was cause he was mixing octane levels cause I use to mix octanes in my saturn when I had stock injectors and it helped so I didn't know which one it was.

Reply #11
Quote from: Chuck W;230898
Are you seriously asking this?

Combined mileage means a COMBINATION of city and highway driving....

lol!
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #12
I should have been more clear. and to be honest, I drive 30-40 miles to school every other day, hte turbo might spool up once that whole trip on the one very large incline i have to go up and my mileage still sucks. I drive it easier than my 3.8l v6 and it gets worse mileage.

I cant wait to get rid of this car.

Reply #13
Man I would neaver get rid of my TC and the said part is my mom wants me to but I not going to.

Reply #14
Quote from: jpc647;230932
I should have been more clear. and to be honest, I drive 30-40 miles to school every other day, hte turbo might spool up once that whole trip on the one very large incline i have to go up and my mileage still sucks. I drive it easier than my 3.8l v6 and it gets worse mileage.

I cant wait to get rid of this car.

Well then something is wrong with your car. Theres no reason it shouldnt be getting more than that.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles