Skip to main content
Topic: front struts (Read 859 times) previous topic - next topic

front struts

i just bought some front Gabriel struts from A-zone and the mount for the strut was WAY to wide compared to the one i pulled off(original equip) and thats the only model they have. the same part # was used for every motor by the way.  I cant seem to find a thread on this with the search so i apologize if i'm starting over but, will a mustang strut fit? i dont want to spend the $$ on Koni's just yet, just an oem replacement, and fast! the old struts are shot and i am not re-using the adjustable ride as i think it's obsolete anyway. does anyone have a good part number?  the wife is browbeating me at the moment as i told her it was only an hour job:toilet: :toilet: . hehehe.

front struts

Reply #1
Quote from: lakenheath24;229047
i just bought some front Gabriel struts from A-zone and the mount for the strut was WAY to wide compared to the one i pulled off(original equip) and thats the only model they have. the same part # was used for every motor by the way.  I cant seem to find a thread on this with the search so i apologize if i'm starting over but, will a mustang strut fit? i dont want to spend the $$ on Koni's just yet, just an oem replacement, and fast! the old struts are shot and i am not re-using the adjustable ride as i think it's obsolete anyway. does anyone have a good part number? 

That is the problem right there, the 87-88TC's DO NOT use the same struts as the non-TC's.

As long as the holes match up center to center, you can use a spacer on either side of the spindle (between the strut ) and attach it.  I think 1/8" thick washer (5/8" gr8) should work.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon