Skip to main content
Topic: Parting out: 1986 Cougar XR-7 5-spd (Read 913 times) previous topic - next topic

Parting out: 1986 Cougar XR-7 5-spd

I have decided to part out my baby, little too much rust in the wrong places. Car has lots of good parts on it and will be reasonable on the prices. Would rather see the parts get reused than thrown out. The car was gray with charcoal interior. Any questions you may email me at cougarxr71986@verizon.net. Thanks, Jeff

Reply #1
Yo Jeff,throw up some pics.A couple of the interior,and a few of the body,trunk and engine shots so we can see what we can use.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
vent windows?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1986 cougar

Reply #3
jeff- need 5 speed console plate, driver side door lock plate,driver side tailight.

Reply #4
does it have dual power seats? If it does i need the contol plate on the console. I need the console for sure though with the lid. foglights and brackets, tail lights if in good shape. turn signals in bumper and the corner lens by the headlights. sunvisors if in good shape, arm rest covers, pull strap clips, think that is it.

Does it have the fender marker lights or not? if it does i need thouse and the trim around them. Think thats it
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #5
Yes it has vent windows, actually have a nice set of rust free doors with vents I got for the car. And also for faster response if you email me it would be quicker for me to get back to you. As for pictures of the car, not much to take a picture of, fenders are off, interior is out of it, and bumpers are off. Was stripping to restore when I found the rust and no parts to replace them.

Reply #6
does anyone know if the header panel between 83 and 86 cougar are the same and if they are how much you looking for and maybe drivers fender

joe

1983 v8 302 cougar
ok for some reason some thought it was a good idea to post neg about how long my sig was in my post when it was within the letter amount so ill ask whats your problem :flip: :flip: :flip:

myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/caffine231

Reply #7
Believe the header panel is different, the cat is a flat piece on my 86 and the 83 was a standup one. I could be wrong though

Reply #8
do you still have the console itself and the brackets for it?
if so can you send me some pics

thanks
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible
2015 Ford Focus SE 1.0 EcoBoost

Reply #9
Hows the steering wheel?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #10
According to the parts interchange on this site the header panels will work 83-86

Reply #11
thanks chas
jeffteats if you could send me a picture or post one of the header panel that would be great

1983 v8 302 cougar
ok for some reason some thought it was a good idea to post neg about how long my sig was in my post when it was within the letter amount so ill ask whats your problem :flip: :flip: :flip:

myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/caffine231

Reply #12
They will work but you wont have the stand up cougar anymore
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #13
Just curious to know if it has a factory installed pop-up roof.  I need the attaching hardware that's closest to the windshield.

Tommy

Reply #14
is the header panel still available